Who Is Actually Training

Discussion in 'All About Training' started by Irish Beast, Sep 12, 2019.

?

How do you train?

1. Consistently as always

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. When I can but not consistent

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Out of training but looking to get back

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Out of training and not sure if going back

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Definitely not going back, used to train

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Whats a dumbell?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast

And none allegedly not training at all. Would have expected this poll to be upside down!

RAD likes this.
  2. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang Elite Member

im actually enjoying the Spin bike TBH. Only do 30mins but it goes quite quickly when you have your headphones on. Started to increase resistance and do short burst then go back to normal, and near the end just hammer it. Legs are rock hard afterwards. Will do the same on Sunday, so Spin twice per week when/if possible. From this week hes got me doing some ab work after spin bike too. Not done direct ab work for years. They hurt today lol

3. RAD

RAD Elite Member

@Clubber Lang spin bikes are bloody hard going I bought one and found the seat was fcukin awful I got off it and my are,nob and bollocks were numb took hours before any feeling returned was proper worried lol

4. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast

When I went lots of people brought their own saddle covers as the gym ones were like sitting on a brick and as you said your bollocks get squeezed to the point where it really cant be healthy. Get a cover for about a fiver on amazon. I have one on my mountain bike and it makes a massive difference!

RAD likes this.
  5. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

Back in the gym after a bit of a 4 year sabbatical, decided to do some 'behind the neck power-push presses', finished and got this " can I give you a little tip mate ? " ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

RAD likes this.
  6. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast

Did you accept the advice or tell him (Surely not a woman!) to do one? You're form may not have been perfect but takes a whjie to get back to things. I'm lucky I had someone watching my every move who could iron out the flaws. Its that age old debate about whether you would give someone advice or just keep your mouth shut and then on the flip side of the coin would you accept help from a local expert gracefully or tell him to politely fuck off.

God work on getting back into it. Im almost a month back into it now and its not been easy, I'd be lying if I said it was and I still have a lot to do but things are changing for the better so sure they can for you too.

Are you carrying any injuries or just a load of mental baggage? Don't know which is worse sometimes!

7. Dirty Harry

I've still done bits over the years mate, but no consistency, either eating nor training, just a bit more like exercise, didn't really have time but forms always been good, I was coached for years under BAWLA as a kid, so was only ever taught the right way to do things, I guess those things never leave you, he didn't know the exercise I was doing, what impingement or a rotator cuff was, his only offer was "it's not a natural movement" lol.

Injuries the same old stuff really IB, plus tendonitis from lifting a green wheelie bin up full of leaves lmao, mentally, well if you know anything about NPD/BPD or any of the Cluster B personality disorders and Bipolar and what it's like to live with someone with them, then you'll get the jist my perception of reality is slightly fooked.

However, been seeing a girl for about a month now and she's a top bird, early days but the signs are good. cheers mate.

8. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast

Glad to hear there are some positives @Dirty Harry

If I had a fiver for every time I injured myself moving wheelie bins I wouldn't have to worry about xmas!

Some machine don't feel 'natural' so I avoid them but what some people find okay others find awkward. I used to love behind the neck presses on the Smith machine. As long as the bar isn't landing hard on the base of your neck all the time then its fine. I will be attempting them at some point soon I imagine. If the wrist allows of course. Don't think it makes a massive difference at our level if you do in front or behind. Whatever you are most comfortable with. My PT does virtually no lower back work which some including myself found a bit odd but I guess you are using your lower back all the time by just moving around, whereas middle and upper only come into use if you are doing a lot of lifting and shifting during the day! You never see a BB and think "Fuck his lower back is impressive!"

Dirty Harry likes this.
  9. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Back in the gym......COME ON !!!!!

And a new lass (is this the reason your hitting the weights again??) Now is she stable? Because like me you have a habit of picking the right fruit loops LMAO

Wishing you all the best mate

10. Dirty Harry

Funny because there is a seated press machine which feels really uncomfortable and unnatural because the bar seems too far forward, always getting the urge to look behind to push the back rest forward, but it's fixed lol, and I don't think it's a coincidence that I always struggle with front squats either, just too lumpy and odd shaped around the shoulders I guess mate

Nothing too serious Rad, just legs/push/pull 6 days a week but with higher reps (so do each one twice, I know you can be a bit dim, and I don't want you doing a Rentaghost misinterpretation like his GVT experience lmfao).

The girl, yeah she's a really good girl mate, no red flags whatsoever, she's quite religious, works for the church, goes to church etc, wears quite bland mumsy clothes most of the time but just totally transforms when she gets dressed up, but fuck me she's a top shag lmao, I really wasn't expecting that haha !
    And thanks mate, you too.

RAD likes this.
  11. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast

Shall I just delete the rest as nobody is interested in it :)

Dirty Harry likes this.
  12. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast

6 days a week is pretty tough going I would have thought. Dont think I could handle that, in fact I know I couldn't. Still picking up niggling tweaks and strains but nothing serious. So rest days for me are very important. Tempted to book in for a hard massage this weekend as I know my back in badly knotted. Last masseur many years ago said it would take quite a lot of sessions to undo the damage of many years of lifting. Not that they were serious problems but might account for the amount of back niggles I get (practically one every week!).

13. Dirty Harry

Sounds tough but I'm pretty much in and out in under 30 minutes IB, 3 exercises for each session sometimes 4 depending (4 always legs as do calves), 5 sets of 10-12 and gone, occasionally I've gone down to 5 -6 reps but notice that is a bit harder to recover from, cardio is just walking the dogs an hour every morning, then walking to gym and back, eating just bumped up protein and eating what I want if I fancy it, not going down that road of eating for the sake of it these days, not looking to put a shit load of muscle on, more body recomp stuff.

I'm lucky in that i've learned to train around my main injuries but the tendonitis one's a fucker, only rest for about 6 weeks seems to do the job, and I do miss doing side laterals, but hey ho.

14. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast

I think a lot of us are at the point now of training round injuries. My shoulder has not given me any grief since starting back which I'm really happy about. Can get a cortisone injection whenever I want but might as well hang fire til I really need it. Wrist is a little stuff post surgery and hampering things a little but not loads. So can still do about 80%+ of stuff I want to

15. RAD

RAD Elite Member

I am not dim....its just I listen to my brain as much as I listen to the Mrs LMAO

She's a dark horse.......well happy for you mate

Dirty Harry likes this.