Tips To Diet When Working Away From Home

Discussion in 'Nutrition Advice' started by Irish Beast, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast Staff Member

Im sure most of you know I am now working away from home so stay in hotels all the time. They provide breakfast but I am up and out so early I normally miss it.

Piling on weight as all my midweek meals are prepacked sandwiches, pastas etc with the odd bit of fruit. Not a healthy lifestyle! Started back in the gym last week and will be doing a few sessions this week.

I know a few of you work away from home and wondered how you can stick to any kind of diet regimen. @mick_the_brick springs to mind as I know hes on the road a bit.

Would welcome any tips. Stocking up on protein flapjacks would be a start. Better than more prepacked rip off sandwiches! the deli near work doees proper sandwiches where you specify what you want on but I am not always at base at lunchtime. No cooking or fridge facilities where I am but dont want to change hotels as I have a routine now which is not ideal but at least its not a head wrecker!

Any pearls of wisdom folks?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  2. plug1

plug1 Elite Member

If theres a marks and spencer near you look at thier "Balanced for You" range, loads of sald/noodle/rice type things with lovely sauces and all about 350 calories each for a big one and 150 calories in a smaller pot. They actually fill you up and taste good. The wife put me on to them and Ive used them all last week and today .. see if any weight comes off.

3. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

Seems to be buckets of those meal delivery companies recently, I guess I would probably use something like that ?

Otherwise, I would just fast until dinner time. Get used to it pretty quick and you will be fighting to keep weight ON

4. AlriteGeezer

AlriteGeezer Elite Member

If I'm dieting and haven't got meals prepped, I usually go tesco, asda etc... Buy some rice cakes, packet of lean turkey slices, cottage cottage cheese and peanut butter.

If I'm really hungry, buy a chicken off the hot counter but ditch the skin etc

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
  5. Rentaghost

Rentaghost Moderator Staff Member

Just buy packet roast chicken/meat and tinned potatoes or peas, rice of oat cakes etc.

Rotisserie chicken Is another one if you can get to a supermarket. Cottage cheese, there's a ton of healthy stuff

Fruit is easy enough and packet salad is simple for your greens.

It's a piece of piss snd barely limiting nowadays. I prep mostly nowadays but if I Cba I just do it on the move and can eat more or less exactly the same.

6. Irish Beast

There is actually and have just noticed a microwave in the office that I never knew existed!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I must admit I like having something nice to eat and a few beers on the evening. Limiting myself to 4 on work nights now though for waistline and also cost!

7. s man

s man Elite Member

If theres a microwave your sorted mate. Buy ready cooked chicken and stock up on micro rice.
    As said above M&S food is your friend. Some of the ready to eat lines are bloody good and fairly healthy and where pretty much my go to while stuck on the road in the past.

8. plug1

plug1 Elite Member

All the m and s stuff I've Ben eating is cold sales anyway so you don't even need a microwave.

9. Irish Beast

Even better. Just need a fork for the evenings and a bottle of buckfast!!

Sick of paying £15 for glorified pub grub that wouldn't feed a field mouse

10. Irish Beast

Considering this actually. Eat light before bed which is usually around 11pm latest then fast for 13 hours. Have sibutramine which I can use. It's shite gear but might up the dose and see if it helps at all.

What about when I train in the morning @Arterial Dan ? Still no food til lunchtime. Could be tough!

11. Arterial Dan

I'm assuming you're stil using PEDs, so just drink water or coffee throughout the day.
    If you can train in the morning, even better. You're gonna be burning fat all day at work.
    When you train in the morning, just drink BCAA as an intra workout drink.

Hunger pangs are like cigarette cravings. Unbearable for 5mins. After those 5 mins pass, you're good for hours.
    Then you get into this really weird zone, where your ability to focus on work and your productivity surge.

And when you go home - you get to have a fuckin decent dinner and will still lose fat, instead of shitty bird food 6 times a day and spinning your wheels.

If you're really struggling tho, I would just go down to the salad bar in Tesco at 2pm, get some eggs and tuna/sweetcorn.
    Keep the carbs v.low and get a reasonable amount of fat, you're not gonna be hungry again until dinner and still gonna drop fat.

Just an idea, mightn't suit you, but it's worth a shot.

The Hodgetwins have a channel on Youtube all about Intermittent Fasting, worth a look imo.

12. Irish Beast

Thanks @Arterial Dan. Yes still using PEDs. Woke up hungry today but will see if I can last til close to lunch.

I only have bcaa tablets. What's a good drink to get. Need to shift some of this chub.

Running 750mg of test pw at the moment. Should be adequate for my needs. Oh and 200mg of tren. Only started jabbing last week after months of hardly any training and infrequent small jabs.

13. Arterial Dan

That should be plenty of gear, perfectly adequate.

Drink wise, I prefer ON Amino Energy BCAA drink for doing weights (contains caffeine) and I use Xtend BCAA drink doing cardio (no caffeine).

14. Irish Beast

Thanks will order some soon.

17 minutes til I can eat! Been too busy to b hungry! That will be 13 fasted hours. Will aim for that for a few days then increase if need be. Should enjoy my food more then!

Arterial Dan likes this.