~ The Sweet Science ~

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mass Monster, Jan 11, 2014.

  1. Mass Monster

    Mass Monster Elite Member

    It's definitely a tough one to call, thinking Eubanks Jr will win on points. Movement and strength are improving...Just feel he needs to box his own style/rhythm instead of trying to emulate fathers technique.


    Hoping Delboy knocks the socks of Fury, should be an interesting tear up!


    @03570 Where about's are you boxing fella? What weight are you competing at?
     
  2. 03570

    03570 Senior Member

    Venue to be confirmed. But I heard certain chaps say it could be York Hall.... Ill shout you when I know fa sho'

    Coming in at 100kg @ 5'11ft :)
     
  3. 03570

    03570 Senior Member

    Ahhhhh the talk is hilarious.... "Eubanks Jr sucks cock" and all sorts LOOOOL
     
  4. Mass Monster

    Mass Monster Elite Member

    Galahad extends winning run


    European and Commonwealth super-bantamweight champion Kid Galahad took another step towards securing a world title showdown after brushing aside Adeilson Dos Santos via a unanimous points margin to land the IBF youth title.


    The Sheffield fighter treated his home crowd to a dominant display on Saturday night, winning almost every round against a gutsy Dos Santos who deserves great credit for taking the fight the distance after being sent to the canvas on two occasions.


    The judges scored the contest 119-107, 117-109, 120-105 all in favour of Galahad, who has now won 18 successive fights since turning professional.


    Galahad, who called out British world title holders Scott Quigg and Carl Frampton in the lead-up to his fight with the previously unbeaten Dos Santos, made an immediate statement by sending his opponent to the floor with the final shot of the first round.


    A right-hand over the top from Galahad sent Dos Santos tumbling on the stroke of the bell but it wasn
     
    03570 likes this.
  5. Mass Monster

    Mass Monster Elite Member

    Abraham: I'm at my best


    Arthur Abraham claims fight fans will see him at his very best when he takes on Paul Smith in Kiel on Saturday night.

    The WBO super-middleweight champion, 34, has had to deal with barbs from his opponent - only three years younger - that he is over the hill and will prove vulnerable even in front of his own fans.

    But 'King Arthur' is not ready to relinquish his belt just yet and has trained as hard as ever to ensure Smith does not become the fifth fighter to beat him in a glittering career.

    Until now, only elite opponents Andre Dirrell, Carl Froch, Andre Ward and Robert Stieglitz have beaten him.

    Abraham said: "I go to win, never to lose. I can stop everyone. That is boxing - and he is a boxer who won't win either.

    "I will give him my best and if I get a knockout I get it, but for me it is very important to win. A knockout or points are the same for me.

    "I never under-estimate any opponent and I might even have over-estimated him because I have trained so hard to get in shape, as if he is the best I've ever fought.

    "I am very hungry and you will see the best from Arthur Abraham."
    [​IMG]
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  6. 03570

    03570 Senior Member

    Its been cancelled now aint it? 

    The Eubanks fight?
     
  7. Mass Monster

    Mass Monster Elite Member

    Yeah think it's been postponed. Eubanks didn't want to commit, purses percentage excuse used.
     
  8. 03570

    03570 Senior Member

    I was getting ready to have seconds thoughts about Eubanks.

    Spars with Froch a bit dont he? And Froch says the guy is a fucking puncher n a half.
     
    Mass Monster likes this.
  9. Mass Monster

    Mass Monster Elite Member

    Hearn to appeal Smith verdict


    Eddie Hearn plans to appeal to the WBO to have Paul Smith installed as mandatory challenger to Arthur Abraham
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  10. Mass Monster

    Mass Monster Elite Member

    GGG best in the west


    http://youtu.be/XADmJl18CfA


    Gennady Golovkin has already beaten the likes of Oscar de la Hoya and Andre Ward by selling out the StubHub Center in Carson, California.


    The middleweight supremo takes on Marco Antonio Rubio in the outdoor venue in the early hours of Sunday morning, live on Sky Sports 1.


    The venue, which seats at least 8,000 spectators, is where Kell Brook dethroned Shawn Porter in August and has housed De la Hoya and Ward as well as the likes of Shane Mosley, Timothy Bradley, Brandon Rios and Paul Williams in recent years.


    And not only did Golovkin's West Coast debut sell out over a month ago, his popularity has seen extra rows of seats added to accommodate fans wishing to see him defend his WBA Super world middleweight strap.
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014
  11. Mass Monster

    Mass Monster Elite Member

    Brutal Golovkin hammers Rubio


    Gennady Golovkin made light work of Marco Antonio Rubio to successfully defend his WBA middleweight belt on Saturday night in the United States.

    The Kazakhstan-born, California-trained middleweight secured his 18th consecutive stoppage victory, in his 12th title defence, with a crushing left hand blow just 79 seconds into the second round.

    "I liked the fight," Golovkin said. "Rubio, he does not step back. He is a good fighter. I respect him. It was a very hard punch."

    Golovkin battered Rubio throughout, landing 28 power punches in just over four minutes, and hurt the Mexican early in the second round with a right hand and a left uppercut before a barrage of blows sent him crashing to the canvas.

    "I felt I hurt him with the left hand, and the uppercut was when he was very badly hurt," Golovkin added.

    "I knew I had him. I was happy he came forward. He fought Mexican style, and he tried to hurt me, but my power was too much for him."

    Great champion

    Rubio, who briefly complained that the knockout punch was illegal, said: "Gennady is a great champion. He hit me hard, but it's not the hardest I've been hit. I came to fight, to put on a good show. I got up, but the referee decided to stop it."

    Golovkin won Rubio's WBC interim belt, which means the winner of WBC champion Miguel Cotto's upcoming bout with Canelo Alvarez must either fight Golovkin or vacate the title.

    He has trained in Southern California with Abel Sanchez for the past four years and the Germany-based fighter is now contemplating a full-time move to Los Angeles.

    "He'll fight anyone, whoever we can get in the ring," promoter Tom Loeffler said.

    "He's collecting belts. He wants to show he's a super champion, and 2015 will be a huge year for him."

    [​IMG]
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
  12. Mass Monster

    Mass Monster Elite Member

    Khan set for Alexander clash


    Amir Khan will face former world champion Devon Alexander in December, according to reports.

    There has been continuous speculation about the British fighter
     
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
  13. Mass Monster

    Mass Monster Elite Member

    Boxer arrested for punching referee after losing fight in Croatia.



     
  14. Dirty Harry

    Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

    Saw the actual incident a few days ago, but not the actual 'stoppage' (which seemed really really harsh on that evidence), still no excuse and probably a lifetime ban, fuckin idiot.
     
    Mass Monster likes this.
  15. Mass Monster

    Mass Monster Elite Member

    Yeah Harry, was a poor decision to end the bout, but definitely no excuse for that kind of behaviour. Properly goes to town not stopping at one punch. Think the ref ended up with serious head injuries and been forced into early retirement.
     
    Dirty Harry likes this.