~ The Sweet Science ~

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mass Monster, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

Interesting mate

Not a great spectacle Rude tbh, Porter's style being the main reason.

Thought it was pretty even as a scoring contest with Brook edging it on quality, quite surprised he didn't get zipped up the arse at the end though. maybe the American judges see Porters style as a bit TOO extreme.

Ref was pretty shite though I thought.

Mass Monster and Rudedog like this.
  2. warmachine

warmachine UGM Sponsored Athlete

Kell didn't do enough to win that in my opinion but well done to him all the same. Be interesting to see who he fights next. I have heard it might be JMM

Mass Monster likes this.
  3. Mass Monster

Mass Monster Elite Member

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    Dirty Harry likes this.
  4. warmachine

Mass Monster thats been the best weight division now for a few years. these guys have to start fighting each other now or people will lose interest in the sport.

Mass Monster likes this.
  5. Mass Monster

Shawn Porter's trainer has complained about the points verdict in Kell Brook's world title triumph at the weekend.

Kell Brook out-pointed Shawn Porter to claim the IBF welterweight title

The Sheffield fighter was crowned as the new IBF welterweight champion after taking a majority decision win over Porter in Carson, California.

In his first fight at world title level, Brook handled the big-fight pressure, displaying superior skills in a gruelling and often ugly battle.

Both men were left with cuts amidst scrappy exchanges at close quarters and the 'Special One' often tied up Porter, who was attempting to drag him into a dogfight.

Brook

6. warmachine

The fight with Khan is what makes sense money wise to be honest

Mass Monster likes this.
  7. Mass Monster

8. Mass Monster

Klitschko forced to postpone

Wladimir Klitschko has been forced to delay his heavyweight title defence against Kubrat Pulev because of injury.

The 38-year-old Ukrainian was due to put his three belts on the line against the unbeaten Bulgarian in Hamburg on September 6.

But a bicep injury has hampered his preparations and he decided to reschedule the bout, with a new date expected to be announced in the coming weeks.

Klitschko confirmed the news in a statement and the problem is expected to prevent him from training for four weeks.

"I am very disappointed the fight will not go ahead," he said. "I am in top form and had a great training camp."

The long-reigning champion has not suffered a defeat for over 10 years and had been sparring Londoner Anthony Joshua in the build-up to his latest defence.

Pulev secured his spot as mandatory challenger after defeating former Klitschko foe Tony Thompson last August.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
  9. Mass Monster

Taylor arrested after shooting

Former world champion Jermain Taylor has been arrested following a shooting at his home in Arkansas.

The 36-year-old American, nicknamed

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
  10. 03570

03570 Senior Member

Jermain Taylor yeah?

Whats he fucking doing going all Mayweather BANG BANG on us all? LOOOL

11. Mass Monster

Boxer Kell Brook Stabbed On Tenerife Holiday

British world champion boxer Kell Brook has been stabbed while on holiday with his pregnant wife in Tenerife.

It comes less than a month after the 28-year-old clinched the IBF welterweight title with an unexpected defeat of American fighter Shawn Porter.

Brook was stabbed in the leg and suffered a cut arm during the attack, which could have implications for a fight with fellow British boxer Amir Khan that was rumoured to be in the pipeline.

A Guardia Civil spokeswoman said: "This morning a 28-year-old British man was stabbed at Golf del Sur in San Miguel de Abona.

"He was stabbed in the left leg and is hospitalised. He lost a lot of blood. There are no arrests at this time."

It remains unclear whether his plans for a first title defence in December will have to be postponed.

He is said to be conscious and in a stable condition in hospital, while his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.

Reporter Fraser Dainton said: "As I'm sure you can imagine, this must have been extremely distressing and upsetting for everybody involved.

"He was looking forward to a nice, quiet, relaxing time over in Tenerife with his family, but obviously this has put a shadow on things at the moment.

"The details are fairly sketchy, but the good news is that it looks like the injuries, from what we're told, are not too serious."

This is not the first time that the boxer has been stabbed - in 2007, he sustained serious injuries after being knifed in his sides and buttocks following a party at a nightclub in Sheffield.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
  12. 03570

03570 Senior Member

It was probably the Guardia Civil who did it LOL

Mass Monster likes this.
  13. Mass Monster

2nd bite at the cherry, could this be the Argentinians time to shine?

Floyd expects dirty Maidana

Floyd Mayweather is expecting Marcos Maidana to be 'wild and dirty' when the old rivals meet again in Las Vegas on Saturday.

Mayweather improved his perfect record to 46-0 with a majority decision over Maidana in their first meeting in May, a bout in which he felt the Argentinian fighter did 'a little bit of everything'.

Maidana has already urged his opponent "to stop crying and just fight" in their rematch, but Mayweather plans to go about his business as usual when he defends his WBA and WBC titles at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

"I just have to go out there and just be me and be first," the five-division world champion said.

"I can't really say how the fight is going to play out, but I'm pretty sure he's going to be once again extremely dirty and wild. My job is to keep everything under control the best way that I can.

"The (first) fight was not close. He came out, he won the first round, I won the second round, he won the third and the fourth, and from the fifth on he lost every round.

"If you guys notice, I got tackled, the guy tried to knee me, I got a head butt, there were rabbit punches, there were low blows and the list goes on and on.

"He did a little bit of everything. That night I had to do two jobs; I had to be the boxer and referee, so I had to do two jobs.

"My job is to prepare for everything all around the board, but I'm going to let the referee do his job and be fair to both parties.

"I'm just going to let the fight play out like it plays out and go out there and do what I do best. If a knockout presents itself, of course I'm going to take full advantage of a knockout.

"I always find a way. Whether I am 26 or 37, I still find the way to win."

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
  14. Mass Monster

Maidana: I'm ready for anything

Marcos Maidana says he hopes Floyd Mayweather will

15. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

Lol, I don't think for one second Floyd will be taken in by that kind of talk, Floyd will do what Floyd always does, and I think this time he'll make the job a lot easier, incredibly smart fighter who learns extremely quickly, as I see it, huge points margin, and maybe, just maybe, a late stoppage for him.

03570 and Mass Monster like this.