~ The Sweet Science ~

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mass Monster, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Rudedog

Rudedog Senior Member

Was the Simmons fight last night too?

2. Mass Monster

Mass Monster Elite Member

Yes mate, Simmons retain his WBC International Cruiserweight strap.

Rudedog likes this.
  3. 03570

03570 Senior Member

The winner of the all-British heavyweight clash between Dereck Chisora and Tyson Fury will look on with interest with the victor set to be installed as the WBO

4. Mass Monster

Yeah mate looking forward to seeing Delboy destroy Fury. This is a comment I posted back in January:

The last time these two big slugs fought was in 2011, it went the distance lasting all 12 scrappy rounds, Fury won on points. It was apparent from the start that Chisora was not in tip top condition, he was over weight and it showed badly. This left boxing fans questioning his commitment to the sport and how seriously he was taking this bout? Was it just another payday for an over the hill, worn out fighter?

He definitely went up in my estimations after his performance against Vitali Klitschko, compared to the Hay-makers piss poor effort.

Recently though Delboy has been on a winning streak since losing to David (hypercondriac) Haye, he has beat four 'high rated' foreign journey men all by way of TKO to win the WBO International, EBU European & WBA International Heavyweight titles. Chisora looks like a totally different, rejuvenated & dedicated boxer. Maybe the plonker has reignited his passion for making a name for himself within the division? Good luck Delboy

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
  5. 03570

03570 Senior Member

Exactly that. In 2011 he looked fat, and soft. And you can see, if he was in shape, he'd look menacing compared to that lanky c*nt. 

The way he looks now, no way he can lose. 

6. Mass Monster

Joshua's stamina & chin will definitely be put to the test against Skelton. He's finally been put in the ring with a heavyweight who's been round the block more than a few times. Skelton has the skill to land big punches and cause Joshua major problems. If AJ plays to his strengths i.e his speed/reach and doesn't hang around long enough to be tagged by too many shots he should have this one in the bag.

Anthony Joshua says he is expecting the toughest test of his professional career when he faces Matt Skelton in Liverpool on July 12.

British Olympic heavyweight champion Joshua has won all of his six fights inside the distance, but steps up to his first scheduled eight-round contest against the former British, European and Commonwealth champion at the Echo Arena, live on Sky Sports.

Veteran Skelton, 23 years older than Joshua at 47, has amassed 36 professional fights and stands just shy of 200 rounds and while Joshua is preparing for a tough fight, he will not be taking risks to prove he can withstand a dangerous puncher.

"People are asking 'what's his chin like?'," said Joshua. "Well, I'm not going to stick it out there to be hit by Skelton so people can find out. Every fight is a dangerous fight at heavyweight and the sensible thing is not to get hit.

"Carl Froch said that the greatest chin is the one that doesn't get hit and he's right. At the minute it's about evading shots and working my way up the rankings. I am so far away from where I want to be that it's hit and not get hit, hands up and chin down, slipping shots and get my opponent out of there as soon as possible.

"Mike Tyson knocked out 12 of his first 16 opponents in the first round - people were saying in his early days that he needed more rounds and he had to step up, obviously there will be questions on the way and as long as I come up with the answers then that's all that matters.

"Matt is my toughest test in the pros, there's no doubt about that. I hope he's training hard so that we can put on a good show in Liverpool, it's my first fight in the city and it's on a great bill so I'm looking forward to a really big night and looking to put in a performance worthy of the stage.

"I am sure he's going to come to make a statement and he's certainly a different type of challenge, he'll be sitting on my chest, putting pressure on me and throwing shots and testing my chin so I have had some new things to work on in the gym and that's what it is all about for me, working on the inside, working on my defence and my counters and looking to keep it long and using the double jab."

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
  7. Mass Monster

AJ 2nd round TKO

8. Mass Monster

9. 03570

03570 Senior Member

I remember there was doubt of Tyson going the full 12, like with Foreman back in the day.

But a few times he showed he could go the full bout just as strong as ever - unlike Foreman LOL "Come in here, fight like a damn woman!" LOL

Mass Monster likes this.
  10. Mass Monster

One of the longest fights i remember Iron Mike having was with Mitch Green, before the street fight lol...Funny interview with Green looking like Rick James ha ha ha

11. 03570

03570 Senior Member

Yeah I love that fight - its raw as hell and you know there is a street grudge there. 

The only sad thing about that street fight later was Mike busting his hand haha

12. Mass Monster

@03570 watched the Spike Lee directed 'Tyson the undisputed truth' pretty good mate, talks about the Mitch street fight. Some good insight to his mentality at the time, should check it out mate.

13. 03570

03570 Senior Member

Yeah I watched it. It was going to be shown in the UK, but it got cancelled.... pissed me right off

14. Mass Monster

Gutted, was looking forward to Delboy slapping the simple out off the

"g-y-p-o you ain't got no place to go you gypo, you gypo...lol"

Dereck Chisora has been forced to withdraw from Saturday's fight with Tyson Fury in Manchester.

The promoters announced that heavyweight Chisora had fractured his hand in training and would not be able to defend his European title against Fury this weekend. The vacant British heavyweight crown was also up for grabs.

Chisora injured his hand during a sparring session which means their clash will have to be rescheduled on a date yet to be decided.

In a statement from the promoters, Chisora said: "I can't tell you how disappointed I am to have to pull out of the fight against Fury.

15. Rudedog

Rudedog Senior Member

I'm gutted too mate was looking forward to that fight

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    Mass Monster likes this.