~ The Sweet Science ~

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mass Monster, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Mass Monster

Mass Monster Elite Member

This weekend is the rematch everyone has been waiting for. What's peoples Predictions??? I'm saying 10th round stoppage.

The first fight Groves was in total control, he had the range, controlled the pace, landed the better shots and should

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
  2. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

Any more predictions anyone ?

Tough fight to call most def, I think maybe, just maybe, it comes down to who benefited the most from the last outing as much as anything, even then, whoever it was, would be debatable, but for me, I think Groves made the bigger statement in the last fight, Froch probably did take it lightly, but I don't think he ever thought he would be troubled so much by Groves power, what makes it more difficult though is that you know both will have 'fine-tuned' themselves from the last fight, so :-

Groves in 1-6

Froch in 6-12

If it goes to point, Groves.

3. Mass Monster

Was two rounds away from my prediction, glad I didn't put a bet on lol. Wonder who's next on the Cobra's shitlist Kessler, De Gale, Ward, Chavez???

After finishing George Groves in front of 80,000 people at Wembley on Saturday, Froch suggested he would fight on but take a long, hard think over his future first.

The 36-year-old reigning WBA and IBF super-middleweight champion dreams of fighting in Las Vegas, with the likes of James DeGale and Mikkel Kessler queuing up to face him.

But Froch is also aware that producing a devastating knock-out on a night branded the best in British boxing history would be a fitting end to his career.

Hearn said: "I've got a big smile on my face and I'm so pleased for Carl Froch. He can now get the respect he deserves so much.

"My job will now be to look at the opportunities for him and present them to him and Rob McCracken, and see where we go from there.

"DeGale produced a great performance last night and he is now the mandatory challenger for the IBF belt, but Kessler wants a third fight, Carl would like to go to Vegas as well, and after a night like that it would also be a great time to walk away from the sport."

Hearn says he also has considerable work to do to keep up the momentum built from such a momentous sporting occasion, pledging this as just the start for British prize fighting.

"It was a night in British boxing that will be remembered for a long time," he said.

"Last night feels like a big breakthrough for the sport in this country, but we've got a big night in Glasgow coming up and then Liverpool in July. There are so many big shows and we've got to keep this ball rolling.

"It's all about the product. If you've got one then you can sell it and that's what we had last night - the perfect fight and the public embraced it."

4. Mass Monster

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

Looking forward to this middleweight war on June 7th between WBC title holder Sergio Martinez 51-2-2 (28) and three division title holder Miguel Cotto 38-4 (31).

For me Martinez looks well past his best, the last couple of fights have been a close call and won by the skin of his teeth. That plus the various injuries he's picked up over the years have taken their toll on his 'snake slick' movement and excellent footwork. As a consequence this lack of fluid movement has got Sergio tied up on the ropes a number of times, unable to roll off and defend successfully, definitely a place you don't want to be when facing hard hitting Cotto. Martinez without his legs isn't really Martinez and will be forced to fight it out and trade on the inside, advantage Cotto. 

Saying that, both of these world class fighters have strong mentally constitution, just because they lose a few rounds/fights don't shy away from a challenge. This fight is also intriguing because they're both fighting to become the next leading contender in the Floyd Mayweather sweepstakes. Cotto has made more money than Martinez, but no doubt wants another shot at Mayweather and the pot of financial gold that comes along with it. As for Martinez, he would love to get a shot at Mayweather for both the notoriety and fame along with the money that fighting Floyd brings. $$$

[​IMG]

5. Mass Monster

Another boxing war between two great fighters the Argentinian Martinez vs. the Puerton Rican Cotto...It's pretty evenly matched 50/50, could go either way most are siding with the bigger man Martinez...IMO Cotto to win points decision.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
  6. Mass Monster

Strongly believe that a great athlete with home-brewed boxing skills will eventually be decimated by a technically sharp and strong fighter who can nullify his speed and power with technique, accuracy and pressure. Martinez can dominate most fighters with physical gifts and cleverness. But he does not know how to box. Cotto put on a career best power boxing performance, but Martinez simply could not match Cotto

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2014
  7. Mass Monster

Brian Rose got totally outclassed, he had no reply to the Americans powerful shots.

8. Rudedog

Rudedog Senior Member

He got hammered andrede different league

Mass Monster likes this.
  9. Doby

Doby Elite Member

He'd of been seriously hurt if it wasn't stopped was taking a beating straight to the nose

Mass Monster likes this.
  10. Mass Monster

The guy had heart in ample supply, but didn't want to see him being pounded into mince meat!

11. Mass Monster

Wladimir Klitschko will defend his world heavyweight titles against Kubrat Pulev on September 6, the Ukrainian announced on Thursday.

Pulev will travel to Germany to face the 38-year-old at the o2 World Arena in Hamburg with Klitschko

03570 likes this.
  12. Mass Monster

Don't think their dislike for each other would drum up enough crowd enthusiasm to see a big showdown event set up similar to Froch & Groves 2. Khan just keeping his options open and name in the press/spotlight, how about avenging one of your defeats???

Brook will be too busy concentrating all his efforts on a strategy to beat the powerful Porter, to be bothered about this rodent.

Khan Keen On Grudge Match With Brook

Amir Khan would welcome a grudge match with Kell Brook and believes their rivalry could be similar to Carl Froch-George Groves.

Khan

13. Mass Monster

Ricky Burns failed to recover from a first-minute knockdown as he fell on points to Dejan Zlaticanin in their battle for the WBC International lightweight title in Glasgow.

Burns finished the fight at Braehead Arena strongly, but his good late work was not enough to secure victory on the cards as he went down 115-113, 113-115, 115-113 in a split decision in favour of the hard-hitting Montenegrin.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
  14. Rudedog

Rudedog Senior Member

He lost did he? Wonder where he goes now? Will watch it over the weekend at some point

15. Mass Monster

Missed the bout myself Rudedog, supposed to be a cracking punch for the 1st round 15 second knock down. Possible rematch on the cards?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
    Rudedog likes this.