~ The Sweet Science ~

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mass Monster, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Mass Monster

Mass Monster Elite Member

Looking forward to this battle.

Dirty Harry likes this.
  2. Mass Monster

'The Truth' would be a good match up for either Thurman, Brook, Khan and Porter.

3. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

I really like this kid Spence, but I can imagine he'd be horrible to fight, he has that hard hitting, damaging, sickening and spiteful punching but not quite concussive thing going on, be interesting to see how it plays out for him I think mate.

4. Mass Monster

Think Ward deserved to lose that fight. He simply couldn't handle Kovalev's power when he got tagged in the second round, fought on the back foot after that.

Danny Garcia straight up murked Samuel Vargas, no real suprise there tbh. Would be interesting to see Keith Thurman and Garcia going toe to toe.

5. Mass Monster

Delboy offering table service haha.

Dirty Harry likes this.
  6. Mass Monster

Looking forward to all the weekends violence December 10th - Boxing, UFC and Glory.

7. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if there's genuine bad blood between Delboy and Whyte, Larry lol ?

8. Mass Monster

Decent weekend of Boxing & UFC ahead :D

9. Mass Monster

Big upset in the heavyweight division over the weekend. AJ got his bell rung & couldn’t recover.
    Some speculation that the fight was rigged because of the manor in which he lost (TKO).

Any thoughts on the subject?

#dontlookpastthebellyfat

10. Mass Monster

11. Mass Monster

12. RAD

RAD Elite Member

I haven't followed boxing for years but when they talk about this about upset and comparing it to things like Ali and Foreman and Frankie Randall and Julio Cesar Chavez its IMO a massive thing.

I lost interest after the demise of Mike Tyson tbh I just couldn't help feeling that the boxing world has hidden agendas.

Mass Monster likes this.
  13. Mass Monster

Read quite a few differing opinions on why things went the way they did.
    1. AJ was knocked out by sparring partner a few days before hand & had not fully recovered.

2. AJ’s father wanted to postpone the fight because of the strange way he was acting in the locker room before fight.
    Eddie Hearne brushed it off and said “He will be okay as soon as he’s in the ring”.

3. AJ took a long time to come out for his ring walk, possible complications with doctors checks and clearing him to fight.

The boxing business is corrupt as hell! Boxers being able to cherry pick who they want to fight instead of mandatory opponents. As always two bites at the fight purse is more financially rewarding. The general public love a comeback story & Joshua has been groomed as the people’s champ.
    Suppose when it comes to the heavyweight division every dog has its day in the sun. I’ve always said AJ has quite a few flaws and his chin has finally been exposed.

RAD likes this.
  14. RAD

RAD Elite Member

I think you've hit the nail on the head with the public love a comeback,just reading the opinions as to why it happened it reads a bit like a poor WWF script (if you get what I mean).

I know boxing has always been corrupt but its looking a hell of a lot worse these days.Crying shame IMO also just read that George Foreman has offered to be his manager.Been out of touch like I said has George ever managed anyone?

So now if you loose its the managers fault like bloody football ....what's going on?

Mass Monster likes this.