~ The Sweet Science ~

Brilliant night of boxing on Saturday.

What did the other boxing fans off here make of it?

Fantastic night for boxing fans at the o2 arena.

Bodes well for the future. Result of the night may well have been Eubank JR. Got some bets with mates on world titles shots within the year for both of them.

It was a highly entertaining fully loaded boxing card. Missed the Chisora and Eubanks Jr fights.

The Kevin Mitchell v Jorge Linares bout was awesome. Mitchell was not expecting such a sustained onslaught from start to finish of the lightning fast, aggressive come forward fighting style of Linares. Mitchell was very unlucky to not capitalise when he put him down in the 5th.

Joshua showed that he can go further than the first couple of rounds. He pretty much dealt with the so called 'Body Snatcher' quite easily, apparently there was some kind of shoulder injury which Dillan was carrying, so couldn't fire his big punches with much intent.

Wonder who AJ will fight next? There was talks of 'Delboy' Chisora, but think Eddie Hearn wants to pursue the European route, only time will tell.

Last edited:
David Haye is making a return to boxing after a three year lay off as he faces Mark de Mori at London's 02 arena Saturday. Not heard much about this Australian boxer, offically ranked 10th in WBA Heavyweight rankings. He does have a decent record 26wins by way of knockout (30W-1L-2D)

The fight is being broadcasted for free on Dave channel at 9pm 16/1/16

th

Also fighting this weekend is 'The Bronze Bomber' Deontay Wilder the current WBC Heavyweight champion. His bout is against Polish Heavyweight Artur Szpilka who's natural boxing talent was spotted at an organised football brawl lol.

Amir Khan has snubbed Kell Brook as an opponent yet again. Reports in the press sugggest he's upset that he wasn't given the chance to fight for the vacant WBC Welterweight title. Robert Guerrero and Danny Garcia are fighting for that belt this weekend 23/1/16, so he's probably after facing the winner.
The bout will make for some good viewing as both fighters are seasoned warriors, but think Garcia's punch power will ensure that he is the victor. Khan was brutally sparked out last time he fought Garcia and never before expressed any willingness to avenge that defeat. Now there's a title involved he's interested in a rematch?
Never really rated Khan tbh, yeah he's got decent hand speed, but his glass jaw has always been suspect. The only reason he's kept his career afloat after numberous defeats is excellent management/damage control, oh and the fact he now has Virgil Hunter as a trainer.
garcia_khan1-530x317.jpg

Sick of kahn handpick ingredients fights and opponents.

I know the promoters and channels all take the piss.

But any real fighter boxer takes on all comers. Kell brook is the fight.

Amir kahn is a pussy. One of those boxers that irritates the duck out of me. Goes round thinking he's a boxing legend.

You ain't no morales mate!!!

Sick of kahn handpick ingredients fights and opponents.

I know the promoters and channels all take the piss.

But any real fighter boxer takes on all comers. Kell brook is the fight.

Amir kahn is a pussy. One of those boxers that irritates the duck out of me. Goes round thinking he's a boxing legend.

You ain't no morales mate!!!

Agree with what you said mate. Apparently Khan is the next mandatory challenger for Garcia.

Keith 'one time' Thurman v Shawn 'showtime' Porter is the next fight sure to be a decent brawl. Thurman promised to defeat Porter more convincingly than Kell Brook did, a bout between them two would be awesome.

He won't fight garcia again no way. Not with that glass jaw.

If he does I might pay him a bit more respect. We shall see?

In a sudden announcement that caught many in the industry by surprise, Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez has agreed to terms for a May 7 showdown with Amir Khan. The bout will take place at the newly constructed T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Golden Boy Promotions CEO and founder Oscar de la Hoya confirmed the news on Tuesday morning. The fight - which will air live on HBO Pay-Per-View - takes place at a catchweight of 155 lbs., the same stipulation that was in place for when Alvarez won the World middleweight championship in a 12-round win over Miguel Cotto last November. The winner will be obligated to defend against mandatory challenger and unbeaten, unified titlist Gennady Golovkin. The showdown with Khan will mark Alvarez' first title defense. "As the middleweight champion of the world, I will take on the best fighters in the sport and on Cinco De Mayo weekend, I look forward to making the first defense of my titles," said Alvarez. "Amir was a decorated amateur, a two-time world champion and is in the prime of his career. Fans are in for a great fight on May 7th."

Back