The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. s man

s man Elite Member

You ever looked in to peps like BPC 157 for any of the niggles matey?

Solid work and progress again this week sir

2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Skimmed a bit, my shoulder is more imbalance I think possibly centring from my bicep rupture rather than an actual injury so I'm not sure it would help.

3. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Slightly less mobility work pre-WO today, did some scap pulls tho. Rough start but good finish.

Seat OHP: 5x20, 30, 40, 57.5x8, 8, 8, 8
    Shrugs: 100x5, 115x10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
    Upright Row: 37.5x10, 10, 10, 10, 10
    Standing DB Curl: 15s x12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12
    Standing Calves: 135x8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8

Shoulder range was tight at first, Kept rolling and trying to pin the tight spots with mixed results, in the end when the weight got up it was fine. Little bit up in weight and an extra set. Shrugs up in both too, easily done, 1st set was tight on the shoulder but a quick grind sorted it out after that. Upright rows also up everywhere and things were alright, next week will be tough I think. Standing curls I think I missed an increase last week, today I was up in weight and 2 sets to make up, still got it. Finished on calves, a bit better than anticipated as last week was tough and today was up in weight and a set but went fine.

4. s man

s man Elite Member

You know I'm become an old twat when all I could think watching the video was silly twat in the orange top at the beginning. Does plate raises underhand and keeps looking sideways at the mirror! I can't wait for his traps to pinch and strain lol

Good progressions again sir

5. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Yet I'm the one who always seems to be injured LOL

Felt good today eventually...

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Despite being fvcking freezing I was quite up for today's session

Front Squats: 5x20, 20, 60, 80x3, 90x12, 12, 12, 12
    Ham Curl: #7 (+2.5)x12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12
    Donkey Calves: 60x12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12
    Superset
    Xover Extensions / Dips: #2(+5) / Bodyweight (+5) x 10/10, 10/10, 10/10, 10/10, 10/10

Front squats moved nicely on the warm ups so this time I kept my belt off for the work sets which were up in weight only today. They felt strong and smooth with no twinging issues until the last set but only ever so slightly. Don't know if it's down to the extra stretching or the lack of a belt putting pressure on things. Ham curls were up a tiny wee bit again and also had an extra set and went fairly well. Donkey calves saw the same increases on both altho slightly heavier, those last 2 exercises were a lot of sets and reps tho. Finished with the triceps superset, each up 2.5kg and an extra superset was chucked in there, which I knew about by the end.

Got chatting to my physio mate about my lack of external and internal rotation, both are crap, I have about 70deg (tops) of movement in my dodgy shoulder so ran thru some stuff to open things up and encourage more gliding and support within the GH joint. Funnily enough while mobility obviously still sucks it feels more comfortable ATM after doing it.

Before heading home I took my son's birthday tablet back to Argos as they've knocked a £10er off since I got it at the weekend, they wouldn't price match but as they have a no-quibble 30 day refund I did that, bought it again, and this time got a £5 voucher too for spending over £50, so £15 better off (may do this every day for the next 30 days LOL)... #winning

Anyway, le vid

7. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Bit of a rush job this morning thanks to my son being ill this morning and milking it so much he missed the bus so I took him in (right drama queen). This meant mobility drills got skipped a bit, dunno if that's why my shoulder aches now or cos of the work.

Inc DB Press: 5x12.5s, 20s, 25s, 35s x10, 10, 10, 10, 10
    Lat Pull Down: #12x10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
    Xover: #4(+5)x15, 15, 15, 15, 15
    Seated Row V: #10(+5)x15, 15, 15, 15
    Preacher Curl: 32.5x10, 10, 10, 10

Got quite carried away today as everything was up in weight and everything was also up a set (now I see why my shoulder may be aching a bit LOL). Not much else to say than that really I guess. Inc press moved fairly well with just some dull aching but no stamina issues. Lat pull down was hitting the spot with a complete ROM. Xovers (fly) were closing in on the limit by the end but felt spot on. Seated row started feeling a bit easy but that last set didn't leave a lot left. Preachers curls were better than I thought for eh extra set, lower seat set up too (as I couldn't be arsed to change it) which certainly felt like a weaker position despite getting everything.

8. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Ok, seeing as my Mrs makes a lurking guest appearance (don't think she knew I was filming) be careful about any camel toe comments in my vid today. Her psoas went in to spasm and couldn't walk all weekend so was in to see my mate for physio, bless her, made her stick around for my entire session which was 31 working sets (on a leg day) let alone warming up etc so she was there for a while. Weekend was slightly up in the air with my son's birthday and having the grandson ate well when I ate but it was all rushed and disorganised.

Squat: 5x60, 80, 100,127.5x 8, 8, 8, 8, 8
    SLDL: 6x120, 150x 8, 8, 8, 8, 8
    Leg Press: 8x200, 315x 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
    Inc CG: 6x60, 77.5x 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8
    DB Curl: 6x10s, 20s x 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8

Again, no belt today, so after warming up and feeling fairly free during that it was on to the work sets. It did feel heavy when I started but twinges were fine. The work did get a little better as I progressed. All felt good but it was certainly tough but only up 2.5kg. SLDL were also done sans belt and were also pain free with an extra 5kg, all moved well enough even with the wife hovering over my shoulder at the end. At this point the Mrs was in with my mate and I had 8 sets (1 extra) of leg pressing to get done with an extra 5kg, hands off again kept twinges at bay and it all went fine (as fine as 8 heavy sets of 10 can be). On to arms, Inc CG initally felt like it would be a grind, turned out pretty decent altho once the back is pumped from the leg work it doesn't like bracing for pressing, weight was up and sets were up tho. Bicep curl just saw the extra set, extra weight would have been OTT, turned out on the money here I reckon. All in all I reckon this lot peaked about right, SLDL and Inc CG could possibly have been heavier but I'll be ready for that next time round, happy enough so.

9. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Mrs was back up the gym with me this morning for a final round of physio with my mate, she didn't photo bomb me today tho. New shoulder rehab stuff feels to be working but also did my shoulder mobility drill before the session today. Session was decent, again, judged about right.

Flat DB Press: 6x17s, 27.5s, 35s, 42.5s x8, 8, 8, 8, 8
    T Bar Row: 5x25, 60x8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8
    Inc DB Fly: 20s x12, 12, 12, 12, 12
    Parallel Chins: 45 reps 8, 8, 8, 7, 7, 7
    Concentration Curls: 20s x10, 17.5s(+1kg) x10, 10

New shoulder work I do PWO is improving things I think but it does result in some aching as things sort themselves out but on the whole it made pressing alright. Slightly heavier warm ups and a heavier working weight, got my 5 sets of 8 out, probably a bit more in there but certainly no cake-walk. T bar row was up in weight and a set, altho it started easy enough the volume did catch up, but not that badly - good form and solid reps. Inc fly was up in weight and I knew it, first set felt tight but after that all was good and got everything. Chins were up 5 more reps, just about got them out with 3x8 and 3x7. Finished with concentration curls, 20s was a silly idea, 1 set made sure I knew that so went back to the 17.5 but grabbed a small 1kg DB to add to it which was still tough enough (the 20kg set didn't help matter TBH). Went the my rehab stuff at the end may do a bit later this evening too if I have time.

Alas my vid has some copywrite issues which I can't amend without removing ALL sound, will only effect our brother down under I think

10. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Bit of a late start this morning, son missed his bus (it must have come and gone well early as I don't think he left the house late) so I had to run him in. Still got my shoulder warm up in and some scap pull for my PreWO mobility then the new stuff for PWO.

Seat OHP: 5x20, 30, 40, 3x50, 60x8, 8, 8, 8, 8
    Shrugs: 100x5, 130x10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
    Upright Row: 40x10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
    Standing DB Curl: 15s x12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12
    Standing Calves: 135x8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8

Usual tightness to begin with but soon loosened up a bit. Weights felt good and the final 5 work sets went pretty well, too well probably but weight and sets were up. Shrugs next, took a big jump here but just about judged it right for the extra set. Upright rows were also up on both counts, the more twingey exercise but all good. For the extra set I kept DB curls the same and was probably wise to do so, even 1kg extra would have been 250 extra kgs volume per arm. Calves were a bit up in the air as the smith was in use and BB is too wobbly to go as heavy but after a couple of set it freed up so I moved over but it was all good enough. Run thru my shoulder rotation bits PWO and did some grinding and rolling (as one does) and that was it.

11. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Was fearing I'd die today, turned out I didn't and it was a good session... I died later when I got the body shaver out and didn't realise the foil had split, I now have thousands of tiny lacerations all over my back and shoulders which sting like fvck.

[​IMG]

Front Squats: 5x20, 20, 60, 80x3, 92.5x12, 12, 12, 12
    Ham Curl: #7 (+2.5)x12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12
    Donkey Calves: 65x12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12
    Superset
    Xover Extensions / Dips: #2(+7) / Bodyweight (+7.5) x 12/12, 10/10, 10/10, 10/10, 10/10, 10/10

Legs were moving well after Monday's work finally and I was feeling fairly decent myself. Mobility and warmups all good and top weight felt decent. Only 2.5 up and stuck with the 4 sets but good deep ROM made sure the work was done. Was still tough. Couldn't read what weight I did last week but I was up a set anyway, turns out I did +2.5 last week too so just the extra set up today but TBH, extra weight would have seen me fall short I think, 9 sets is a lot. But not as many as the 10sets done on calves, with an extra 5kg, no worries here tho. Finished off with the triceps superset, like these, up 2.5 (well 2 on the cables) and did 12s on the first set 10s thereafter for a total of 6 sets (1 more). Bit of rehabbing then off to pick the mrs up from work for her lunch break even tho the appalling weather she forecast had stopped and it was fine... only town was rammed due to builders unearthing grenades so everywhere was closed LOL

12. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Tough going today but just about got it all in. Mobility done to start with then we were off...

Inc DB Press: 5x15s, 22.5s, 30s, 37.5s x10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
    Lat Pull Down: #13x10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
    Xover: #4(+7)x15, 15, 15, 15, 15
    Seated Row V: #11x15, 15, 15, 15, 15
    Preacher Curl: 35x10, 10, 10, 10, 10

Everything moving well from the start, usual residual tightness especially with the cold today but nothing of concern. Warm ups all a tiny bit heavier then up on the work weight and sets. Got them all but certainly pushing it by the end of the 6th. LPD had the same sets but went up a pin on the stack, felt good and moving well by the end but again, legit work. Same sets on X-flyes but up 2kg in total for a volume increase of 150. Again, tough by the last. Seated rows up in weight and sets, moved well initially but was grinding by the end. Finally preachers, up in weight and sets which was ambitious and only just about held on to by the end. All good tho, final round on peak week judged pretty much on the nose.

13. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Deload week is here and I completely messed up half my session today as I'm not training Wednesday due to engineers coming round and was thinking so much about what days to spread those needless random exercises to that I forgot to do my arm work today LOL Only just realised too as I copy and pasted last weeks session over to this. No biggie, I'll stick triceps in tomorrow and can survive missing one bicep deload day

Squat: 5x60, 80, 100,120x 5, 5, 5
    SLDL: 6x120, 140x 6, 6, 6
    Leg Press: 8x200, 300x 5, 5, 5
    Inc CG: 6x60, 77.5x 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8
    DB Curl: 6x10s, 20s x 8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8
    Shrug: 100x10, 120x10, 10
    Calves: 100x5, 120x4, 4, 4

How bloody annoying. All simple enough tho. Sore left shoulder again but I seemed to put something out lifting my bike from the shed the other day, doesn't seem too related to on-going issues as that side of things feels improved still. But nothing exciting, everything moved well, which it should all things considered. Threw shrugs and calves in today but like I said, bloody forgot tricep and bicep stuff. I'll stick tris in tomorrow with some shoulder presses.

Nice to have an easy day today, stupid weekend - can I just have 1 without something - boiler wasn't working Sunday when we got up, so snowing well, planned to take the grandson to the garden centre and see santa etc but instead was given a 12hr window for the engineer to come and had to stay in. Quickly nipped out and blew £30 on an oil rad so we had some heat then 90mins later the fvcker turns up (when do they ever come that soon!). Just needed 2 taps opening and closing on the boiler and it was done in 2 mins - they could have told me that on the phone but at least being social housing we didn't have to pay a £200 call out fee for it. So we did get out to the garden centre and altho my son was being a gobsh!te (for which he got a smack upside the head) it was good fun altho I wasn't paying £50 for everyone to see santa especially as boy isn't a believer and the baby is 10months old LOL

Not one of my worst weekends but still, I just want an easy one for once.... star wars this weekend tho.... yay me.

14. s man

s man Elite Member

Listen you have to work for epic weekends like watching star wars by having PTA weekends like all the previous ones. Pleasure and pain and all that. It'll all add up when standing at the pearly gates where you gain Sainthood status lol

15. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

I'll have more pain yet, I'm taking my boy and my wife's friend's 2 kids as his birthday treat. But as she gets discounted tickets (half price) and is coming to ours to go shopping with the mrs while we nerd it up I FBed her to sort it all out. Only she's fit, she likes big bald guys, she trains and the Mrs is adamant we fancy each other (she may be half right LOL) and already thinks FB is solely designed for cheating - so when she knows I've sorted it all out directly with her and not got the Mrs to sort it out she'll flip LOL

There was too many logistics and didn't want to the tickets to sell out so I had to go for it and when the Mrs got home she was raging after work so I left telling her, she'll find out later in the week when she texts her to sort it all out to find out I've done it already LOL