The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. s man

s man Elite Member

It's ok mate I've heard the stress stops when we die lol

That is one strange ass attachment on that tbar. Good steady discovery session mate

2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Does my head in..... he wants to cycle to school instead of catching the bus, just can't trust him cos he's such a space cadet, but then the bus is costing me a fortune.

T bar was odd, but I'm also untrained with it ATM so hopefully it'll get better

3. s man

s man Elite Member

Maybe but that just looks odd as hell with the distance from bar to weight and angle of the handles against angle of the body for a tbar row.

I remember being sent to school with 50p if I was lucky lol My eldest 2 in high school do a £10 a week each on there squid cards for Lunch let alone everything else

4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

He usually forgets to have lunch to that saves me money (each day he does is easily £2.50 tho). Apparently when my Mum picked him up he nearly walked out in to the road... he's nearly 12 FFS, but we just cannot trust him around main roads on foot let alone on his fvcking bike.

That t bar did definitely feel odd tho yes

5. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Bit of a random day this one, one of those days that if I skip it it's no big deal. Bit late after doing the school run seeing as I refuse to buy another week bus pass.

Seat OHP: 5x20, 30, 40, 50x8, 8, 8
    Shrugs: 100x10, 10, 10, 10, 10
    Upright Row: 30x10, 10, 10
    Concentration Curl: 12.5s x10, 10
    Standing Calves: 140x8, 130x8, 8, 8, 8

This would be an interesting one, lost of exercises with the potential to be problematic - wasn't plain sailing but not too bad. Seated OHP I was trying to get the bar right down to my chest, which was tight. Didn't force the weight as I didn't want to risk any compromising of form or aggravation. Turned out smooth enough, bit tight at the bottom but no major struggle (which was just as well with half my MP PB). Shrugs were another I wanted to be careful with, good deep stretch and full contraction were the order of the day, weight was a bit easy in the end perhaps. After some tooing and froing upright rows were my next choice... these were interesting as there was a huge difference in how each arm moved. My physio mate was on hand and concluded that the one that looked better was actually the problem as the shoulder was contracted and sitting high. Need some brutal trap work to remedy this it would seem. Worked the range and form I needed to tho. Quick little shimmy on concentration curls and then a little calf work altho started a bit too heavy but all OK there. Finished off by grinding out my shoulder and trap a bit.

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Second round of 'limb' training today, easier leg session (apparently) and a bit of triceps. Another slightly late start due to the school run.

Front Squats: 5x20, 20, 60, 85x12, 12, 12, 12
    Ham Curl: #7x12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12
    Donkey Calves: 50x12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12, 12
    Superset
    Xover Extensions / Dips: #2 / Bodyweight x 10/10, 10/10, 10/10, 10/10
    Forearms: #4x10, 10, 10

Doesn't take long to get out of practice, and not helped by my ankle locking up but FS were plenty. Never really in doubt thankfully. 4 controlled sets of 12 with 85 was probably exactly where the weight should be I reckon, it will get easier as I get in the flow again and can probably add 2.5 each week to peak at around 100 for the same 4 sets of 12. I thought on Ham Curls I had gone cautious but for 6 sets the weight caught up on me, last set on film looks a little easy but I got distracted and rested a bit longer. Calves the required 7 sets, I did actually start with 60 but figured I'd not get it all done, 50 then went better than expected. Legs done and a quick tricep superset was in order. New exercise for me here kicked from a mate, who saw it from that JP dude. Felt good, really intense contraction and was perfect for the 1st exercise, didn't kill me off for dips but made BW plenty tough enough altho I'm very pout of practice with dips (deep and controlled made them harder too). Just had enough time to rattle out a few forearm sets.

7. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

End of week 1 and so far so good. Not the best shoulder day today but still not a problem and it has been presented with new stresses this week but all went well.

Inc DB Press: 5x10s, 17.5s, 25s, 30s x10, 10, 10, 10
    Lat Pull Down: #10x10, 10, 10, 10
    Xover: #3x15, 15, 15, 15
    Seated Row V: #10x15, 15, 15
    Preacher Curl: 27.5x10, 10, 10

Nice little session that. Incline moved fine, good deep stretch. 30s were bordering on easy but with extra weight and sets to come is wasn't a bad starting point TBH if tech holds. LPD was possible a bit easy altho by the last set I could feel the squeeze and can't question form. Xovers were interesting, #3 felt stupidly light but that last set was far from easy. Seated rows were probably the toughest and one I may have to watch as to where I go up, can't add a full pin each week with the way these felt today. Preachers curls were just about right, good focus, small additions should just about fit in.

To finish on a good note, got home to find stagecoach had sent a replacement smartcard and have apparently loaded a full weeks pass on to it valid as of tomorrow, not just replacing the current ticket which is their policy and would have been useless to me now.