The Dirty One - sept 2015 post blast poncing Pg 225

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by dirtyvest, Mar 29, 2010.

1. s man

s man Elite Member

Bloody strong start to the week matey. Leaps and bounds at the moment with the bench work and squats.

Definitely a good idea to mix up the calf speed. I'm getting some awesome results from running 3 different sessions on them at the moment. Heavy all out, paused and tut.

2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

I can but hope. The look like they're getting hit afterwards

After a weekend of the twathead stepson getting exposed yet again as being cvnt, to rub salt in the wound I got my reply from stagecoaches second go at refusing my son travel on a bus - a 'sincere apology' is all I got amongst a plethora of appalling grammar and punctuation. This isn't the last word on the matter tho, time to get my rage on

3. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Do I or don't I.... I think I have to

[​IMG]

Flat BB: 5x40, 60, 80, 3x100, 1x120, 145x1, 1, 1, 1
    BO Row: 130 x8, 8, 8, 8
    Flat Fly: 20s x12, 12, 12, 12, 12 hold stretch
    VPD: #13x12, 12, 12, 12, 11
    Superset
    Side Delts: 7.5s x12, 12, 12, 12
    Rear Delts: #6x 12, 12, 12, 12

Warming up and mobility felt alright building up to 100+ without any concerns. Got to my top and was torn between adding 2.5 or 5, manned up and put on 5. Then did my 1st single and thought I would be lucky to get 1 more let alone 2. Turned out I was good for another 3. Some slow movers in there tho, not a whole lot more to come TBH. On to rows and these felt good, not watched back to see form yet but it felt good enough to pop an extra set in. Flyes were done flat this week, making the most of the angle that is better for my shoulder. Good stretches, good pump and 5 sets were done IIRC. Finished off the main work here with some V bar PDs, these moved well and reaching up was surprisingly lacking in pain, 4 good sets resulted in a 5th set but fell a little short on that one. Quick bit of fluff for shoulders, time had dragged on so I supersetted sides and rears which felt pretty good TBH.

4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Showpony session... GVT 4s today

BB Skulls: 5x30, 30, 40....
    57.5 x4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4
    Standing DB Curls: 20s x4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4
    Kneeling Rope PD: #13x10, 8, 7 w/60secs
    Spider Curls: 27.5 x8, 8, 8, 6+2
    Forearm Curl: #4x 13, 13, 13, 12, 12
    Kettle Bell Lever: 16x 10, 10, 10

Shoulder while not great wasn't as bad as it often is post-upper days so was relatively hopeful this would go alright. Bit of niggling mid-way but locked myself back in and got thru it all relatively well. Upped the weight and hit all my 4s with no real problems. Upped DB curls (obviously as hat was the program) and made far better work of the 4s than I was expecting. Dropped kneeling PDs as I missed reps last week, not much better this week but was better. Spider curls stayed the same, threw in a 4th set, not the tidiest finish but job done. Rounded it all off with some forearm work again, reps up on everything there, not by much but up is up.

Bit of PWO aching but gave my lats and delts a good battering and seems to have eased it some.

5. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Didn't exactly wake up with a skip in my step today but soon got going

Leg Press: 6x120, 200, 4x280, 2x320
    355x 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4 w/60secs rest
    Ham Curls: #10x8, 8, 8, 8 w/60secs
    Leg Ext: #10x 60deg with 1/4 pauses
    Smith Calves: 100x 8, 8, 8, 8, 8
    (T Bar Donkey Calves: 20x ?, 30x ?, 40x ?) Forget about these but I don't think anyone minded

After the initial achy knee warm up (always the left and not helped by me jarring it the other night at work) and an extra warm up set I go going with a 15kg increase for 10 lots of 4. These all went fairly well, went pretty deep but could feel it pulling a little at the end, IIRC last week I avoided going super deep and had less issues which for 6s next week may be the way forwards. For hams I kept the same weight but hit all my reps this week, good form I felt. Chucked in some leg ext work, 1st rep still not great on my left knee but is fine after that, last set I kept my toes pointed which for some reason helped. Just easy reps with a pause here. Smith work for the calves, holding the stretch, got my missed reps from last week in just about. Totally forgot those donkey things I did last week but that was all good enough and did some rolling etc to finish.

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Ready to roll today, feeling confident even tho it was due to be a heavy one

Inc BB Bench:
    5x20, 40, 60, 2x80
    100x4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4 w/60secs
    LPD:
    #18x4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4
    Pec Dec:
    #13x12, 12, 10, 10
    Close Grip Row:
    #15x8, 8, 8, 8

Warm up signs were good, shoulder moving better than it has done of late so quickly got up to my work sets. 1st set felt heavy so wasn't sure if 10 sets was in me but I seemed to hit a groove, even popping in the odd pause at the bottom. Hot all 10 with no major worries and only some mild aching in the shoulder. LPD would be a true tester for it as the combo of higher pressing and pulling from OH usually is the worst for it, but LPDs felt good. Even with the heavier load, which again I questioned whether 10sets could be done, there were no major problem, even finished off getting them all in. Pec Dec took a small hit but then I remembered that last week I was working in with 2 other guys so rest was probably extended, I had also moved pretty swiftly up to now too. Good stretch and squeeze tho, felt on the money. Rows finished off a good session fairly strong, got the reps I missed last week and only with a little help.

7. s man

s man Elite Member

Another cracking week mate. I'm 1000% positive someones sneaked Deca in your vials lol Aches are down and strength is on the up weekly.

8. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

I've been rolling and stretching out my lats, RC and delts like a man possessed and it seems to have been helping. Bit sore to today PWO but then both movements today are triggers but nothing as bad as it has been of late and I still have improved mobility.... most strength I'm getting is old strength coming back from being able to move properly (following an actual program with progressive loading has no doubt helped too). Feeling good, and a few years younger again.

Good old deca tho, oh how I miss thee

9. s man

s man Elite Member

I can’t bloody wait to hit a deca run next year. I’ve had 15000mg sitting in my box for the last year but it wasn’t the right time.

Last time I was struggling to get a double @200 on squat. Week 7 of the cycle came round and I hit 3. Wk8 I hit 4 and by wk10 I was doubling 220 lol love the stuff but I bloat like crazy hence dieting now so I can get a good run before coming down a bit before Summer

10. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

I've always enjoyed a bit of deca.... maybe next time, certainly cheaper than tren but then switching the tren and test ratios around has eased that as I hardly need much test at all, deca and test is usually a heavier cycle

11. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Got to keep trying to get these PBs in while I can, today was a long hard session

[​IMG]

Squat: 5x60, 80, 100, 2x120, 1x140, 1x160, 185x1, 1, 1, 1
    RDL: 160x6, 210x8, 8, 8
    Hack Squat: 4x80, 130x6, 6, 6
    Ham Curls: #12x 7, 7, 6
    Calf Raise (smith): 140x8, 8, 8, 8
    Seated Calf: 60x 8, 9, 9, 9

That nearly ended me. Session took pretty much the whole morning somehow (probably due to a bit of chatting when warming up and a bit of extended waiting due to other people) but warm ups started moving well, but once I got to 140+ it did feel heavy which started to dampen my confidence. Not to be dissuaded I talked myself in to trying another PB. Don't let the video fool you, I know they looked like they moved well (and they did) but these were tough, proper head popping, star seeing effort. Pleased with that lot tho, wasn't fully expecting all 4 singles. RDL next, it was a heavy 210 but went OK altho the last set felt a bit scrappy and off they still all went for 8s this week. Hack squats were a challenge, no getting easier by the end this week but my ankle held out and got them all for 6s this week. No change on ham curls but I was feeling it by now. Standing calfs were heavy and slow which was annoying but the job was still done. Seated calfs weren't so bad.

12. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

A disappointing but good session today

[​IMG]

Flat BB: 5x40, 60, 80, 3x100, 1x120, 147.5x1, 140x2, 2
    BO Row: 135x8, 130 x8, 8, 8
    Flat Fly: 22.5s x12, 12, 12, 12, 12 hold stretch
    VPD: #13x12, 12, 11, 10, 10
    Superset
    Side Delts: 8s x12, 12, 12, 12
    Rear Delts: #6x 12, 12, 12, 12

I think I scuppered myself from the start, I was moving well but warm ups soon felt heavy so I maybe wasn't mentally at my best. Sensibly, I thought, put on 147.5 but that first single was slow, too slow to really believe I could make good work of any more attempts so rather than risk popping something I dropped down to 140 for a couple of doubles. These actually moved fairly well considering I thought. Rows next, little eager here with 135 as I don't think my 130s finished that clean last week, I knew it wasn't going to be right from the start so got the 1 set in and dropped back down but I did at least make the remaining sets on 130 legit. Upped the flyes, these went well which I didn't fully expect. V bars dropped a bit tho, however, I did pull the bar right to my chest for as many reps as I could today just to see the difference. Side and rear delt Superset to finish, a whole half a kilo increase for the side raises. All finished off with a quick ponce.

13. s man

s man Elite Member

Shouldn’t be disappointed with that. It served its purpose and you moved a heavier weight then went back in a more fatigued state and still equaled last weeks work. Sounds like all good increases stimuls to me!

14. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Yeah, I'm hitting the last 2-3 weeks of my GVT now so with the max work I've been doing too I'm probably close to peaking it all out. Pressing volume by total load is up as I did 4 singles on 145, today I still did 4 reps on 140 but also did a 147 so total load was progressed. Certainly not that down about it just a shame that there wasn't more in me on the 147. Something to build on now tho and the key thing is that I am in a fairly healthy stride right now and training well

15. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Back round to 6s for my GVT work but using the same weight as I was for 5s a fortnight ago

[​IMG]

BB Skulls: 5x30, 30, 40....
    55 x6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6
    Standing DB Curls: 17.5s x6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6
    Kneeling Rope PD: #13x8, 8, 8 then v-bar x8 w/60secs
    Spider Curls: 27.5 x8, 8, 8, 8, 8
    Forearm Curl: #4x 13, 13, 13, 13, 13
    Kettle Bell Lever: 16x 10, 10, 10, 9

Started getting a really stiff neck last night for some reason and still had it this morning (still have it now) but fortunately it didn't factor in too much. Skulls weren't feeling too bad on my shoulder for once which was a bonus, a little twinge but nothing major. 55 went on and the sets all went quite well, final one just being enough of a struggle without actually being a struggle. Bicep curls next, these were odd, seemed to get easier for a while until the last couple became a bit more to my liking. Kneeling rope work was started a bit more sensibly but didn't carry over to much at the end, altho interestingly the did a final set with the solid v bar and that was easy. Spider Curls were solid, even put an extra set on the end. Finished off with forearms again.