Stocks And Shares

Arterial Dan

Administrator
Staff member
I've started investing in Nokia recently.
NYSE:NOK

Share price is very low given their poor financials, but the company has huge potential with the 5g rollout.

With Huawei being banned and the massive demand for 5G, Nokia seem well positioned to emerge from the doldrums.

Nokia now has the lead in terms of 5G contracts

Finnish telecommunications company Nokia said it has secured 42 commercial orders for the next-generation of wireless networks, surpassing its Chinese rival Huawei. Customers are increasingly looking to Nokia to equip their 5G core networks, either to have dual sourcing for the most sensitive parts of their networks or to replace existing providers, said Nokia director Federico Guillen. Huawei has secured 40 5G contracts around the world by the end of March, according to the company while Swedish 5G competitor Ericsson has publicly announced 19 contracts, of which eight are live.

Why it’s important: Nokia and Ericsson are expected to benefit from a wounded Huawei, which faces trouble on a global scale. The United States and Australia have banned Huawei equipment from their 5G network rollouts, while New Zealand and the UK have limited Huawei’s participation in major 5G networks. That leaves the two European companies a huge market gap to fill. However, they may expect less 5G market share in China than what they had during the country’s 4G rollout. In an initial bid for 5G equipment by China’s largest carrier China Mobile, Ericsson was only allocated 5% of the tender and Nokia gained none; the bulk of the bid went to Huawei and its domestic rival ZTE.

yeah Nokia shares are pennys, worth a punt.
i had a few thousands years ago when the market crashed. Bought loads of shares in big mining companies, when we the world economy started to pick up my shares tripled, the cashed in.

i also made a few grand on gold too, RanGold or something on the UK FTSE. My shares doubled the day after the UK ref as everyone panic on the Leave result and dumped all theyre money in gold.

I leave my investments to a private company now called Jupiter Investments. Have a European based Jupiter Fund with them. Stock markets go up and down, but over time theyre always up. Last time i checked i doubled my investment in 3 years. I treat this as a pension fund. DD money into it every month, but unlike some pensions funds i can have access to it all the time. Increase amounts and remove some. Sod getting a ISA with a local bank, they rip you off. Say you get 3-5% return. So far im making 25% return per 6 months.

I know of a growing business in Portugal that's worth investing in by all accounts, its a residential static home site that's becoming the next big thing.

Its not on the stock market yet but I know the owner and can get you in the backdoor so to speak before he floats it.

I know of a growing business in Portugal that's worth investing in by all accounts, its a residential static home site that's becoming the next big thing.

Its not on the stock market yet but I know the owner and can get you in the backdoor so to speak before he floats it.
Dat ugm get rich quick scheme

Reactions: RAD
Thanks for the tip mate, will take a look at Jupiter.

mines a Jupiter European ISA....as the name says its based on all the Euro stock markets and companies. Last breakdown i saw it shows you where most of your money is, big pharma companies mostly. A lot of German and France based businesses.

Back