Starting from scratch - one last push to sanity

Discussion in 'Public Journals' started by s man, Mar 8, 2015.

1. s man

s man Elite Member

So it's been a long time since I've trained or done one of these but I need something to keep me on track.

After some crazy turmoil the last couple of years I've had enough of this moping, depression and desperation so it's time to roll again.

Joined a 24/7 gym near me as I like to train at stupid times. Have a few commercial cardio machines in the conservatory also for some stupid o'clock workouts.

Only goal right now is to not look like a lard ass in Crete in August.

Diet.......

holly likes this.
  2. s man

s man Elite Member

Diet will currently fit like so.

M1

3 Burgen Toast

5egg whites

Melon

Multi vit, glucosamine and omega's

Train

M2

Whey

Dextrose/maltodextrin

M3

80g pasta

150g lean mince

1 cup passatta

Herbs and onions

M4

150g chicken with franks hot sauce

Broccoli

Green beans

M5

150g lean bacon or Turkey bacon

3 egg whites

Grilled asparagus

M6

Protein shake

Teaspoon peanut butter

Sleep!!!!!!!!

3. s man

s man Elite Member

Training

Monday - Back and biceps

Tuesday - shoulder

Wednesday - cardio only

Thursday - see below

Friday - legs

Saturday - chest

Sunday - cardio only

Wednesday I start work at 0400 and don't really have more than about a 2 hour break until Thursday at 2200 so its as always a big obstacle but compared to the old days it's a small one to over come

J.A.C.K likes this.
  4. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Good to hear your on the road to recovery from depression good luck with this

J.A.C.K likes this.
  5. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

Not to look like a lard arse in Crete in August is the only goal you'll need bud, all the best with it.

6. s man

s man Elite Member

Glad were back online after typing all the above haha nice one IB!!

Thanks for the comments gents.

Diet is spot on and cardio is all that is being done this week as I need to a) get a little fitter and b) get used to the diet changes.

First session in the gym will be Saturday at 0400.   Bloody can't wait but need to take it slow as the last time I came back I got back to decent lifting faster that my body could handle it and ended up with a bad injury that kept me out for the last 20 months!!

Slow and steady needs to be repeated very much! 

7. s man

s man Elite Member

Diet has been spot on but I remembered I hate chicken so I have swapped this up for squid, scallops or other lean more interesting protein sources.

Cardio is fun and I'm catching up on research and tv on the iPad as I go which makes it fly by!

First session in the gym was done today and I took it easy.

Bent over DB row. 30kg x 12, 38 x 12, 45 x 10, 50 x 10

Deadlift 100 x 10, 140, x 8, 180 x 6

Reverse pec dec 3 sets

E-z preacher curl, 30kg x 12, 40kg x 10, 40kg x 10 (super slow negative)

Short sweet and simple for now!!

8. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

I'd eat dogshit before I'd eat a chicken breast, but if the chicken is ground (mince) or diced, it's fine.

One of my staples is 400g Diced Chicken or 400g Diced Turkey, 150g Brussel Sprouts, 15g Sesame Oil, plus Soy as needed.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
  9. holly

holly Stong Beastie

Good luck :)

10. s man

s man Elite Member

Sprouts are the king of foods when it comes to filling me up and keeping me urrm regular.  I grate them up though and fry them off and there quite edible, like the soy and sesame idea!

11. s man

s man Elite Member

Thanks Holly.  Hopefully if I can get half the determination that your journal shows then are get the results I am after   :wink:

holly likes this.
  12. s man

s man Elite Member

24/7 gyms are kinda cack really so I am splitting my training between there, home and Blitz in Ruislip/South Harrow.

Blitz is a real old school old equipment gym which just has that feeling about it!  Training Shoulders and triceps there in a couple of hours and can't bloody wait as it's by far my most enjoyable workout.

13. s man

s man Elite Member

In agony after training and it's bloody awesome hahaha!!!!

Standing lat raises 10kg x 20, 15 x 12, 20 x 10, 20 x 10.

Seated shoulder press machine 60kg x 10 x 3

DB Front raises with inner twist 20kg x 10 x 2

Face pulls 2 sets 55 x 12

Rope push down 3 sets 50 x 10

Straight bar push down 45 x12, 55 x10

Not sure what the machine weights at the end are actually in so the number is purely for my record.

Everything is full of blood now and in serious pain but I made sure to pull back on volume, weight and kept reps high but it's not easy. Just need to take it slowly and not risk an injury till my bodies ready for the heavy stuff!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
    holly likes this.
  14. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Got to ease back into things last thing you need is to be out injured after just getting back lol

15. holly

holly Stong Beastie

Its really frustrating having to ease back into things isnt it but has to be done, looks like a good lil sesh there :)