• UGM acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

UGM does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on UGM or its messaging systems.

Pct - Its Finally Time!

Irish Beast

I have been on whether it be properly on or cruising for years now. Have been battling injury now for months and hardly able to train effectively at all so have decided to start PCT tomorrow as it seems fairly pointless using gear. Terrifying thought to be honest and have been putting it off for too long, now seems an obvious time to do it.

Last jab of test cyp was a fortnight ago tomorrow so going to start nolva only tomorrow and introduce some HCG next week. Just going to run a standard PCT protocol (60/40 over 3 weeks) although I may extend if I have some spare nolva.

Only training I will be doing is cardio and maybe some fairly light weight sessions, which is not ideal but injury is preventing anything hardcore. I finally start physio on one of the shoulders in a few weeks time so would like to be off AAS as they can be harmful to the tendons. My use over the last 12 months has been pretty light but I have still been on for some time. Will try and keep diet clean as possible and alcohol as low as possible. Standard things

Just looking for advice / experiences from anyone who has come off after a long time. In times gone by I have not had too much trouble recovering from cycles but never anything near this duration. I have been scared of coming off but feel the time is right now. No ideal how long I plan being off but I would say at least a couple of months. I know the norm would be to take much longer off but whether psychologically I can do that is another thing. Body does need a break though!

Any advice to give? I'm not convinced about the use of tribulus and similar natural test boosters. Think it would be no more than the placebo effect and dont want to be spunking money. Of course there is part of me that thinks stay on TRT for longer but I have been cruising for some time now and the injuries are not getting better. I'm hoping my libido will come back naturally and will not use anything like proviron or boner pills until I assess how I am after PCT.

Have also heard people using GH when they come off and it does seem a nice idea but again I think it would be a waste.

My major concern is really my mental state as my depression has come back a bit lately and I know a PCT could be very tough. Still I can't put it off forever.

Any tips/advice people would like to share?

Was going to say that when I came off last proviron helped me (probably more mentally than anything) as it helped libido and feel good. Understand why some wouldn't use tho.

Growth potentially might be a good idea whilst injured? Might help recovery?

I would strongly advise getting a new point of view - hobby, goal, aim.

When I came off I was still pushing like I could do on gear, when that finally stopped and I was fully tapered off it wound me up. Spent more time with the wife and going out with friends, focused more at work at progressing etc.
Took a step back from the gym and when I did go upper volume substantially (20 rep sets etc)

All the best with it mate

Being completely honest it's going to take you months and months to feel normal again. It was probably getting on for a year before my body and mind started feeling right when I came off a 24 month stint many moons ago.

In hindsight I wish I had just gone on a more traditional type of trt dose and not bothered coming off completely as I honestly think it would have been less harsh on my body and created a better equilibrium for me. Then if I choose to fully come off further down the line I think it would have been a lot better.

If you're only going to be off a few months I honestly can't see the point as I really think from a health point of view it'll be even worse after being on that long and you'll be back on way before any real recovery has been fully completed

Cheers chaps. I imagine I will be staying off for more than a few months. I totally get that it probably isn't worth it for a short break. TRT is tempting actually. I have not started the PCT yet as I am still unsure of what to do. Thinking maybe 1 more jab of test and see what the physio says on Friday about the injury. If he says its fucked for want of a better word then there is little point in continuing gear certainly for growth but as for mental well being I can see a strong argument for staying on although I would like to give my body a break. If I wasn't injured I would probably just stay on. Not like I'm trying to children or anything. In fact the more I think about it the more coming off completely seems a bad idea. Still going to give this some more thought. Feeling pretty shit at the moment. I wonder if its due to the low test levels. They must be rock bottom now

Came off for a bit recently. (just started back this morning)

Didn't even bother with power pct this time, just a bit of arimidex E3D

Everyone told me I was looking 10 years younger.
I felt really good too. Noticable improvement mentally, altho that wasn't just the gear, it was other changes.

Definitely shrank a little, but probably looked better in all honesty, less bloated etc.

Really made me think hard about whether I wanted to go back on.

Attitude is 90% of the battle really. Just decided I was going to make the best of things. Last few weeks have been the best for years.

Well I done 1ml of test today as I'm still not convinced what the answer is. Feel better already but must be placebo effect. Going to attempt to train tomorrow and see if it's going to be possible. Got pct tabs and hcg coming so will be ready as and when I come off. Can't see the injuries mending

Well I done 1ml of test today as I'm still not convinced what the answer is. Feel better already but must be placebo effect. Going to attempt to train tomorrow and see if it's going to be possible. Got pct tabs and hcg coming so will be ready as and when I come off. Can't see the injuries mending
Ur never gunna come off lets be honest haha
Ur like the rest of us

Ur never gunna come off lets be honest haha
Ur like the rest of us

Haha, know what you mean. Basically if my physio confirms on Friday that my shoulder is fucked then there really is no point in continuining. Have plenty of PCT meds at the ready now.

Interesting point from this question on TM which got me thinking. Apparently if you run a dose as low as 200mg every 10 days that is sufficiently low to allow the body to start producing natural testosterone again. If true that could be an idea for a while then come off completely all being well. No doubt I will be back on but given that my shoulder has been injured 4 months now and getting worse Im anticipating a very slow recovery

Very sceptical that the body will start producing again - flies in the face of the HPTA

Will certainly be easier, mentally and physically tho, to titrate down tho

Since you don't seem entirely sure yet, I'd proceed with the 200mg E10D for the moment anyway - gives you plenty of options later.

Shoulder injury not good news. Rotator cuff extremely worn and my trap and inner delt muscles have over compensated and knotted up in an natural attempt to protect the damaged joint. He said there's a considerable lack of power on left compared to right and not to lift any weights for a few months. Not what i needed to hear but no great surprise. He was very thorough. Session was very painful but productive. Looks like im gonna run trt dosages for a while cos my mood is really down at the moment and think coming off would be a bad idea having now taking all into account. 1ml sus every 14 days or so and hcg as well. Hopefully the physio will work and if I get back to the iron I'll give serious thought to coming off then. Started glucosamine last week so gonna run that for the foreseeable. Relatively cheap and not harmful. Bit of cardio is all I can do and was warned to even be careful with it.

P.s bought some Canner oil from chemist to help with pain. Complete and utter shite. Waste of £35. Was just an act of desperation.

Looks like the years of lifting are taking their toll!

Id just just run a TRT dose , we dont get no younger and the longer we have been on the harder it gets to recover , and in most guys the more we pass 40 it gets harder to get natty test back to norm , due to yrs of abuse

I also found i may have a heart defect. Hypertropic cardiomyopathy. Family are riddled with it snd mum's test came back positive on monday. So i have 50/50 chance ,the reading material would point towards it and explain s lot. Not a death sentence but if i do have it then i eould need to rethink my lifestyle a bit.

I also found i may have a heart defect. Hypertropic cardiomyopathy. Family are riddled with it snd mum's test came back positive on monday. So i have 50/50 chance ,the reading material would point towards it and explain s lot. Not a death sentence but if i do have it then i eould need to rethink my lifestyle a bit.
Fuckin ell suprised ur lifestyle asnt killed u already tbf haha

Hey IB, have you decided what you're doing yet?
I just updated the thread I made in PL, but the jist of it is - been on for 8 years, finally came off 4 months ago, and it's going pretty well. Ran 1666IU HCG eod for 20 days after allowing T time to clear, then 50mg Clomid pd since.
Felt a bit (only a bit) shit during the HCG when T had no doubt just bottomed out completely, but after about a month it got a lot better.
Will be updating with bloods in the next few weeks.

Enjoying not having to fucking jab myself every fortnight at the very least lol. Novelty long wore off :D

Hey IB, have you decided what you're doing yet?
I just updated the thread I made in PL, but the jist of it is - been on for 8 years, finally came off 4 months ago, and it's going pretty well. Ran 1666IU HCG eod for 20 days after allowing T time to clear, then 50mg Clomid pd since.
Felt a bit (only a bit) shit during the HCG when T had no doubt just bottomed out completely, but after about a month it got a lot better.
Will be updating with bloods in the next few weeks.

Enjoying not having to fucking jab myself every fortnight at the very least lol. Novelty long wore off :D

Still just on 1ml sus every fortnight. Physio has basically admitted defeat so no chance of returning to any meaningful training which is a real fucker.
Still very much in the same boat as when I started the thread. Still a little down in the dumps so a little worried about coming off totally but I think I will have to. PCT and then a period of natural training if the shoulder allows it.

Mass has started coming off now which is very noticeable. Didnt change much body wise in the first couple of months but its happening now. Quite devastating but theres bugger all I can do until this shoulder gets sorted. Even training round the injury is impossible. Even squats would hurt as there is pain on every movement!

I done a HCG blast week before last. Will do another next week and start nolva and clomid PCT in a few days time most likely. Have enough for a couple of months PCT. I think as I have been on so long a 3 weeks PCT may not be adequate

Back