Invited To The Wpc World Championships In Louisiana. Help!

Discussion in 'Competitor Videos and Discussion' started by New Hybrid, Sep 21, 2016.

1. New Hybrid

New Hybrid all time third top poster brahs!

Firstly let me say I feel shit for posting it and if it's not ok with admin please remove with my apologies.
    Anyway, as per tittle I've been invited to do the deadlift only and bench press only events at the WPC world championships in the states. Clearly it's a huge honour and I am very humbled by it.
    I'm seeking corporate funding as I simply can't afford it. With a baby on the way and me 40 already this is most likely my last chance and I really don't want to say no. We are properly skint, the 3 cycles of IVF cost us a little over 30 000 Euros and thats going to take a good while to pay off! I've also had to buy a monolift for the gym up in Inverness as the owner promised me 1 a year ago but has ignored me ever since, so i had to commit £350/month to that just a few days before the invite came through.
    I've put a sponsorship proposal to a few local businesses and 1 of them appears as if they may be interested in providing some form of support. I don't want to go them cap in hand and ask for everything I will need though so I've started a gofundme appeal. I really didn't want to as i hate asking like that and i've already had my fare share of abuse for it on facebook. However, my friends and family asked me to so they could help and they have blown me away with their support so far.
    Anyway, I'm asking if any of my friends on here would be able to contribute anything they can or want to towards the fund. It doesn't have to be much at all. Anything would be hugely appreciated. As said, it's realistically my last chance and i really don't want to respond with yet another 'thanks but no thanks' email.
    I apologies once more for having to ask and thank you all for any support you can offer. here's the link and many, many thanks.
    Neil
    https://www.gofundme.com/2pzrask

2. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast Staff Member

Tried twoice now and keep getting card errors on different cards. Will try again in the morning and failing that will transfer you a few quid!

3. spearman

spearman Elite Member

Will donate once I'm back from hols.

4. New Hybrid

Not sure why that would be mate. I stuck a tiny bit in myself to try and get the ball rolling with no issues.
    I appreciate you trying though!

5. New Hybrid

Thanks mate. Hugely appreciated.

6. New Hybrid

It's came through now mate.
    Many thanks means a hell of a lot to me.

7. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast Staff Member

few quid sent. that site is a bit of a pain in the arse so if anyone is having trouble try a few times as it was third time lucky with me!