How many hours a week do you train

Discussion in 'All About Training' started by holly, Nov 27, 2015.

1. holly

holly Stong Beastie

Been giving this some thought recently. As my numbers go up, it takes longer to get to working sets, about an hour, then do working sets, then 4 or 5 assistance exercises and I'm averaging 3.5 hours a day, 4 days a week. 

14 hours and 8 intra workout meals a week lol 

Interested to see how this stacks up compared to you guys 

2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

But how many minutes of those 14hrs are you actually lifting for? I reckon you are only carrying a weight for 20mins in total.

But I'm on ~8hr training and maybe 2.5 cardio

20mins a session that is,not 20 mins over the 14hr week LOL

holly likes this.
  3. SteamroD

SteamroD Elite Member

4.5-5 does me atm.

I'm all abbreviated

holly likes this.
  4. Drago

Drago Elite Member

About 10-12 I would say. 

More if I including the the time I spend in my futile attempts to get more mobile lol!

5. New Hybrid

New Hybrid all time third top poster brahs!

think this hypertrophy phase will be a bit less but comp press is 2 bench seesions pluss assist, aprox 3.5 hours eachand 2 squat and deadlift sessions plus assist, aprox 4.5 hours each so 16 hours/week. ouch.

during contest prep mode you've jst got to see yourself as a semi-professional athletele and find the time for training/mobility work etc. like klokov said, and i;m paraphrasing, i was never that talented kid in school, never good at sports or naturally strong or a quick learner but no one will outwork me and hard work beats talent most of the time. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2015
    holly likes this.
  6. holly

holly Stong Beastie

would be interesting to see how much time is actually spent lifting, 

For assistance I rest for about a minute between sets

Compounds is up to five mins depending on weight 

7. holly

holly Stong Beastie

im glad you spend longer in the gym than me 

aha tell me about it, I'm not sure mobility work actually does a great deal for me, stiff as a bloody plank 

8. Drago

Drago Elite Member

It does pay off Holly. 

Obviously we train differently but I used to go to a guy for dynamic assisted stretching or some shit it was called.

After a session working on ankle and him mobility I hit a 12.5kg PB in the clean the next time I trained it.

Thats too much of a coincidence in my book.

I just hate mobility work, it hurts and it's boring and I don't like it?

May shoulder mobility is awful too, really restricts me in Olympic lifts- boke 

holly likes this.
  9. holly

holly Stong Beastie

Olympic lifts are super bloody hard and technical 

I'll have a gander online and see what I can learn from YouTube 

More flexibility would be a bonus 

10. The Red Meat Kid

The Red Meat Kid Elite Member

5-6 hours spent training

holly likes this.
  11. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

When I was doing my timed TUT work (not doing slow reps but ensuring I was under a weight for the same time as most TUT systems make you work), each workout saw about 2-2.5mins of actual lifting per exercise... so after 90mins and 8 exercises I hadn't been under strain for more than 20 of those 90 minutes

holly likes this.
  12. Rentaghost

Rentaghost Moderator Staff Member

Roughly an hour, four sessions a week.

holly likes this.
  13. mattyb009

mattyb009 Elite Member

Zero nadda ziltich.

holly likes this.
  14. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

Probably about 1 1/2 hours a week, which is better than the past two years where I've fuck all.

3 x 30 minute sessions and try and keep the tempo going and superset a few, chest tri's/ legs shoulders/ back biceps, that's it, 30 minutes each.

holly likes this.
  15. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast Staff Member

This week a grand total of zero

Normally about 3. Never was one for long sessions. Find short sessions with minimal breaks work better for me. Know people who spend hours and hours every day. Kudos to them but I know it wouldn't work for me unless it was cardio!