Hot n Spicy home made burgers

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Irish Beast, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast Staff Member

Made these today and they ain't bad. Just altered a recipe I found to get rid of a lot (not not all) of the carbs.

Preparation

To make 4 burgers you will need 

500g of lean steak mince

1 red onion 

1 egg

50g breadcrumbs

Mixed herbs

Cayenne Pepper

Paprika (optional)

Worcester Sauce (optional)

Couldn't be simpler. Chop the red onion (much more flavour than white ones)

• Dice the red onion finely as possible
    • Mix the onion through the mince
    • Add breadcrumbs and one egg to bind to mixture
    • Add I tbsp of mixed herbs and i tbsp of cayenne pepper.Could use chilli powder instead oif Cayenne. Parika adds to the flavour if you like it
    • Add a splash of worcester sauce but not too much, Bit salty but makes a difference to the taste if your diet will allow it. 
    • Seperate the mixture into 4 equal shapes and roll into burgers. Try to make them fairly thin to reduce cooking time
    • Leave in the fridge for at least half an hour to let the burgers bind further
    • Depending on the power of your grill and how thick you have made the burgers cook them for about 6-8 minutes on each side at a medium high heat.

They are nice on their own with a bit of salad or if carbs are not a problem then stick them in a bum with the sauce of your choice! Dont get me wrong they are not going to blow you away with flavour but are sound nutritionally and can be eaten hot or cold.

========================================================

Nutritional breakdown. Theherbs and spices don't alter the nutritional value to any great degree but feel free to look them up. Here is thebreakdown for the core items

[​IMG]

Worscester Sauce info is below. Again it willl make little differnce to the nurition (few grams of so feel free to splash it on. Makes a difference definitely!

http://www.leaperrins.com/products/the-original-worcestershire-sauce/nutrition.aspx

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2014
    Arterial Dan likes this.
  2. mattyb009

mattyb009 Elite Member

Sounds delightful.

3. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast Staff Member

Yes they are. LOL

4. CART84

CART84 Senior Member

Sounds good. Will give them a go, I like meals that are basic if you know what I mean, few spices sound good aswell, any other healthy wholesome meal ideas folks?

5. mattyb009

mattyb009 Elite Member

My old dear used to make homemade burgers all the time. She added mustard that was a nice touch.

6. AlriteGeezer

AlriteGeezer Elite Member

Thats pretty much the same recipe i use, except i brown the onion first then blitz the whole lot in food processor. Cooking the onion gives it that 'burger' taste.

7. CART84

CART84 Senior Member

Could eat a burger right now!lol

8. mattyb009

mattyb009 Elite Member

So could I. Relied on mother dearest to organise tea. We had like a salad and cold meats which she uses these salad leaves in. Really don't like them, can't beat an iceberg. Beggers can't be choosers though.

9. CART84

CART84 Senior Member

Haha that's true mattyb

10. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

Any Keto-friendly Dessert recipes? 

11. Doby

Doby Elite Member

Scoop choc protein and one whole egg.

Whisk together in a mug.

Into microwave for 1min- 1min 30secs

Forms a cake like batter. Top with some heavy whipping cream

Arterial Dan likes this.
  12. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

Awesome! Gonna give that a try mate, thanks!