Gym achievements for the past week

Discussion in 'All About Training' started by Irish Beast, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast Staff Member

Hi all.

This thread is a tool to act as a motivator for yourselves and others for the coming weeks in the gym. I have been browsing some journals and noticed many people have been achieving things which clearly mean a lot to them, which is great to read but will probably never get read as I am aware that many don't read journals.

So the purpose of this thread is to post something gym related which you have achieved in the last week which you were proud of, or which really spurred you on. It doesn

Musclelinx likes this.
  2. Homercles

Homercles Moderator Staff Member

Second deadlift session since hernia op, pulled 180kg for a triple.

Never really trained it as a lift so well pleased with this, gives me hope of breaking past 200kg before too long.

3. Kratos

Kratos Elite Member

Good thread idea....

Pretty much the same as yours mate managed to bench 3 x 20 plates a side on an oly bar so think that's 140??

Only just getting back into gym after time off After umbilical hernia surgery so made up with this 4 reps and then 2 spotted reps.

Really can't wait to get 70 a side on that's my goal for before christmas

Gator and Irish Beast like this.
  4. New Hybrid

New Hybrid all time third top poster brahs!

Equal pb on bench of 140 new deadlift pb of 227.5

5. Homercles

Hernia survivors club in here!

Nice benching btw lads.

Kratos likes this.
  6. Kratos

Kratos Elite Member

Ha that's true homer. What type of hernia was yours mate? I posted in a guys journal who had the same op as me the day after but he ain't been on since so there's def a few of us....

7. Homercles

Inguinal hernia mate, classic groin-area one. Still a bit sore at times but to be expected as I understand.

8. holly

holly Stong Beastie

I managed 6 reps at 80kg barbell squat which made my day and I've added 5kg to my tricep dips so pretty good week for lil old me too

9. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast Staff Member

Well done all so far - Good to read, keep them coming

10. Gator

Gator Elite Member

Nice work guys....this is a great idea for a thread.

I don't go for PR's every week, but I hit a 6 wheels per side deadlift (260kg) x 2 last Tuesday for the first time which has kind of been a bench mark for me at this body weight for a while.

Hoping to hit a 275ish by end of January if training goes to plan but we'll see.  I don't like maxing out very often, so it's going to be a lot more rep work until then.

Bench (which has always been a shitty lift for me) I hit a 130kg x 4....so hoping that gets me in the 3 plate per side club soon, lol.

@Homercles - hope the hernia is healing up bud 

New Hybrid and holly like this.
  11. TREBOR

TREBOR Elite Member

Just getting back into weighted dips over the last couple of months,manged 8 strict reps with 32kg and 23 reps body weight on final set,no elbow probs either.

Gator likes this.
  12. PAGAN

PAGAN Elite Member

I was quite happy with the squats I did the other day.Numbers are well down from my best but I was happy with the work I put in after my top set.Hope to get back over 200k once my current cut is finished.  

180x1

160kx5

140kx10

100kx20 

New Hybrid and Gator like this.
  13. mattyb009

mattyb009 Elite Member

Making it to the gym twice this week.

Been going back to my old decent gym.

Bloody sore all over.

I've come to the conclusion that using a shit gym has been the reason for my ever dying motivation to go there.

And lack of tren

14. paitsio

paitsio Senior Member

Last wednesday I managed To snap Something in My right thigh during the First rep of What was meant To Be PR Triple in the safety squat bar, 225k x 3. Felt Like little Electric shocks (spell check) in 2 places on the side. Nothing torn tho, and hope To Be training legs back This Friday! The injury doesnt piss me of quite as much as the missed PR Triple!!!!! :D

15. New Hybrid

New Hybrid all time third top poster brahs!

equaled the bench pb of 140 today. felt piss easy again, so tried for 147.5 and failed. no spotter. in garage with door shut and music on loud. bar ended up on throat and collar bone. managed to writhe out at right hand side and somehow push it over my left hand side and get it off my arm without snapping it. buggered my left hand though. i'm left handed of course. middle finger is particularly badly swollen and bruised. i really hope it isnt bronken, next comp is in a few weeks.