Good film thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Irish Beast, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast Staff Member

Pretty simple really. Just post anything decent (or crap) you have seen lately!

I've got a few to watch today. Either the fighter which is supposed to be good or the hobbit which is too damn long. I particularly enjoyed airline with Denzil Washington in it lately. Waiting for a decent copy of hangover 3 to come out that doesnt have chinese subtitles!

Fire away!

2. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

went to see that 'the conjuring' on friday! was decent very scary had to say jumpin out me seat a few times

overall probaly about a 6 outa 10

Irish Beast likes this.
  3. Rudedog

Rudedog Senior Member

Superman 6/10

Pump and gain 5/10

Fast and furious 6 6.5/10

Despicable me 2 8/10

Irish Beast likes this.
  4. Pip

Pip Elite Member

Superman 7/10

Pain and gain 4/10

Fast and furious 4/10

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2013
  5. The Red Meat Kid

The Red Meat Kid Elite Member

World War Z - 8/10

eXistenZ - 5/10

The ABC's of Death - fucked up

6. Gator

Gator Elite Member

The Hobbit - 7/10....I liked to LOTR films and the Hobbit lives up to the same quality/style of those.  A bit long, but not to the point that it got boring.  Some parts were a little stupid, but then again it is a fantasy genre film.

Fast & Furious - 5/10.....decent action sequences, but it's pretty much just 2 hours of the same thing as the other films.  Nothing original there.

We're the Millers - 7/10....watched this the other week with my girlfriend and had originally planned to see "The Conduring" but it didn't start until late so we went with this.  Didn't have any great expectations about it or really knew what it was about.  Made me LOL....been a while since I've seen a decent comedy film that actually makes you laugh.

Jack Reecher - 6/10....the books by Lee Child are great.  Didn't think Tom Cruise really fits the character portrayed in the books, but overall the film wasn't terrible.

Those are the last 4 "newer" films I've seen/saw at the cinema....we get shit TV signal here so we only get the BBC channels and have to watch anything worth watching on catch up (have one of those internet TV's) so we tend to use LoveFilm instant or Blinkbox to watch films, most of which I've already seen. 

Been catching up watching series 1, 2 & 3 of "Walking Dead" which is fuckin awesome....so haven't really watched too many films lately.  

7. dave123

dave123 Elite Member

Anyone seen killing them softly? got inside my head a bit, makes you think & made me a but para lol 

8. The Love Machine

The Love Machine A steroid pumping, food raping machine

Tom Cruise as jack reacher. 

Awful. 

9. Pip

Pip Elite Member

I thought world war Z was absolute shite

GymRatGresham and Slight of hand like this.
  10. Cu3ed

Cu3ed Senior Member

Elysium, pretty much run of you mill Sci-Fi movie, a lot borrowed from the Halo theme.

Good DVD rental at best.

11. TREBOR

TREBOR Elite Member

Yeah saw it a few weeks back,pretty good.

Watched I spit on your grave 2 last night,pretty much like the first one,graphic rape scene,gets beaten to a pulp,survives and pays them back in grissly ways

Fast furious 6,turned it off half way through.

Olympus has fallen,enjoyed it

Now i see you,one of the best films ive seen in a while.

The seasoning house,low budget and pretty graphic

The power of a few,well worth a watch

Gallow walkers,think Blade but wesley snipes as a cowboy killing zombies lol

12. Rudedog

Rudedog Senior Member

Olympus has fallen 7/10

Beyond the pines 8/10

13. The Red Meat Kid

The Red Meat Kid Elite Member

Im a sucker for a zombie flick

14. mattyb009

mattyb009 Elite Member

One direction the film. Need I say anymore.

15. Drago

Drago Elite Member

Beyond the pines was fuckin awful