Dizzyness Etc

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ronnie_Malenko, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Ronnie_Malenko

Ronnie_Malenko Elite Member

Had it a few months now, comes and goes.. can be bad where need to lie down and basically sleep.. annoying to say the least

Could be a whole host of things cudnt it

Read about this

https://www.drugs.com/comments/diazepam/for-meniere-s-disease.html

so took a vally a few times and does help.. not perfect bu takes edge of it

went docs cpl weeks back been refered to specalist but thats not till feb...

I know its stab in the dark but just wondering anyone had similar etc etc?

cheers

2. NM1

NM1 Elite Member

Have you seen an ENT to rule out anything inner ear related?

Do you have a chest strap heart monitor? If you do it might be worth logging what's going on when you're getting symptoms and using HRV as a metric alongside heart rate.

Check out vestibular system and vestibular reset exercises, I find they help a lot of people with dizzyness (although they're typically 50+). Very simple but effective.

I hope you find a resolution mate.

Ronnie_Malenko likes this.
  3. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Yeah, I'm surprised they have gone the EMT or HR monitoring route, that's quite a common path to follow IME

4. Ronnie_Malenko

I have been refferd to ENT, but not till feb...

Had a episode about 2 hours ago in barbers passed abit now.. been researching and tryna find things that help but dizzyness is a symptom for ALOT Of things isnt it so easier said than done

will try some of the exercises etc... strange enough a diaz helps abit as i said.. could it be anxiety based? Would be suprised as im actually calmer than i have been in years

only thing i would say is. I get anxious about it coming on if that makes sense coz makes driving hard for example

5. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast

My Mum suffers from tinnitus and vertigo and is on a very low dose of diaz. 2mg tablets to be precise! I would need about 30 to have an effect!

Hers flares up at times, and sometimes she cannot drive as her balance goes. She would struggle to get a licence now.

Just get it checked pal as the effects an ear problem can have on the rest of you body is crazy!

6. Ronnie_Malenko

Yer diaz deffo works.. well helps anyway.. just waiting to get it seen to properly but it dosent half fuck you up when you have a episode

nt sure i wanna be on diaz for life from this age tho!

7. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast

Its a very low dose though that she is given so chances are if you have used it in the past at higher dosages it wont do much for you. I have either valium or xanax every night before bed as I sleep tons better. Just a moderate dose too

8. Ronnie_Malenko

Ive used it like once every week or 2 for a cpl years never more than that..

Yer great sleep of it innit

9. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast

I never take them in the day. Just at night so wouldn't bother me if I was on them for life tbh. I'm on stomach meds for life and they started when I was about 23 (15 years ago). That's just the way the cookie crumbles. This is all hypothetical of course. We are not trained clinicians but hope you get the answers you want/need.

10. RAD

RAD Elite Member

I was getting really bad vertigo spells mine turned out to be a bit b12 and folate deficiency but I was also getting ringing in my ears.I do suffer dizzy spells but mine are linked to my anxiety.

Problem is like you say dizzy spells are linked to that many different things you could be chasing your tail trying to find a cause.

Appointment not till Feb fcukin NHS a pile of shite as usual.

11. Ronnie_Malenko

I have rining in one ear actually i should of mentioned! Recon worth a go doin wa u did then ? B12 and folate?

12. Ronnie_Malenko

Started coming on today got some cheap motion sickness/ travel sickness seem to be helping for now but still strangr

13. RAD

RAD Elite Member

Could be a worth a shot would just go with the b12 tbh try and get some sublingual ones as they are better absorbed.

Not saying that's the problem but certainly won't hurt anything to try it out

14. Ronnie_Malenko

Doctors phoned in sick on the day am due to see them

chances...

and got two flat tyres

15. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

I've been suffering similar to this since January Ronnie, been a nightmare tbh, firtst they thought it was BPPV, then Vestibular neuritis, Meniers's (there is a history in the family) so numerous doctors appointments, benn to ENT, had and MRI scan, and recently had to see a neurologist, but nothing has come up apart from a huge loss of hearing, the neurologist though has sent a letter to my GP advising ENT make a more detailed examination as clearly something is wrong, so will have to wait and see.

Incidentally, spoke to my brother who said he had EXACTLY the same thing at my age, had all the same tests and they put it down to a chemical imbalance in the brain area, and that it would probably correct itself within about 18 months to 2 years, a bit like your balance system having to recalibrate and learning again, me, I'm still waiting.