Difficulty Getting To Sleep? Five Ways To Trick Yourself Into Sleeping.

Discussion in 'Musclefood' started by Musclefood, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Musclefood

Musclefood Advertiser

2. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

It's not the getting to sleep for me, I can literally go within 10 seconds of my head hitting the pillow, it's the staying asleep for more than 5 hours that's doing me in.

J.A.C.K and Grimnir like this.
  3. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast Staff Member

Ive been given some relaxation and breathing DVDs / technique cards which I am going to try tonight as I struggle to sleep without tabs. Might be psychological, might not but don't want to be reliant on them.

J.A.C.K likes this.
  4. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast Staff Member

I notice breathing was mentioned in the MF tips. Can be a very powerful tool if you can free you mind of thoughts. A lot of the times I struggle to sleep is because I think about things which are irritating me in life one after the other and before I know it can be a little wound up which never helps. Its early days but I am enjoying the learning. It doesnt help that in the room next to me I have a deaf singer, guitar, drum and harmonica player who seems to be starting earlier every day! So when I do get to sleep I get woken early! Thank god hes going in for a back operation soon. I'll be a new man. Starting to notice slight bags under my eyes. Could be age creeping up on me but I suspect its the erratic sleep!

5. Big_Luke

Big_Luke Elite Member

I had to go to sleep clinics and one of the main ones they taught you was the breathing through the nose but I could never do it properly as I have broke my nose a few times and it restricts breathing so I always end up breathing through my mouth because I feel I'm not getting enough air!

6. J.A.C.K

J.A.C.K Senior Member

i try to count sheep, play with my ladies nipples if that dont work have a quick fix playing with myself haha just kidding.. sleep deprivation is a killer we all suffer from it, i suggest sleeping side ways and try to breath in and out more!! or false snoring that helps too..