Carbs Or Fats.

Discussion in 'Nutrition Advice' started by jr100, Feb 5, 2016.

1. jr100

jr100 Senior Member

when dieting down, what do you guys prefer. Higher carb or higher fat etc. Interested to know of experiences.
    I personally try and keep my carbs as high as possible if I can (about 280 g at min) . Fats roughly about 50g a day.

2. andyboro

andyboro Fat

Low carb, high protein, moderate fat for me.

Reduces my chances of overeating

3. Rentaghost

Rentaghost Moderator Staff Member

Both, carbs around workouts. Fats the rest of the time.

4. Drago

Drago Elite Member

High fat low carbs. Every time for me

5. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

Keto until fat loss tapers off, then switch to carb cycling (Ideally taking the carbs in via intra-workout shake with extra cinnamon) and back off cardio a little, then back to keto with pro/veg days and increase cardio.

Rinse and repeat (stubborn fat requires drug use for me)

6. Guerilla9

Guerilla9 Elite Member

Bit of both.

training days
    Low carb high fat before training.
    High carb low fat during and after

Non training days
    Low carb/keto style

7. s man

s man Elite Member

I definitely feel better on keto than I do with carbs in the diet.

Mentally I am more focused, feel less swings in energy levels and also find it easy to stick to as its a strict approach.

That said I am a bad responder to carbs. I hoard bf on my lower stomach and handles and react badly to even complex carbohydrates due to crash dieting and eating disorders in my past. If I have a refeed meal or day when on keto I literally end up with wind and bowl issues withing 20 minutes of eating.

8. AlriteGeezer

AlriteGeezer Elite Member

I been doing low cal IF with very low/no carbs,then basically only eating when im starving and can't take it any longer, fat has melted to be fair...

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  9. Kratos

Kratos Elite Member

This is one area that really let's me down. I'm clueless on what to eat and when. Just eat loads of good stuff and hope I'm covering it (and some shite too)

10. AlriteGeezer

AlriteGeezer Elite Member

I was like that, then I started using myfitnesspal app to track macros and cals, after a month of using it... All foods/cals/macros will be in there... From using it religiously through the summer, Iv got pretty good idea of what my eating habits tally up too now so don't really bother anymore

11. Kratos

Kratos Elite Member

I'm trying to stay more and more away from technology tbh mate. Apps for in the gym apps for when you eat. Fuck me I'm having a shit now and I'm even on my phone.... I just try and eat "good" and often if that makes sense

AlriteGeezer likes this.
  12. Dirty Harry

Dirty Harry Moderator Staff Member

For fat loss, low on both carbs and fats, any carbs I always used post workout, and I always had enough fat on me that could be used so never saw a real need for fats in my diet.

13. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

The thing is - when you work out your nutritional requirements as a bber or weightlifter - there is a quite limited selection of things you can eat, while still hitting your calorie and protein targets.

Good thing I fucking love turkey, brussels sprouts & mayo.

Kratos and Dirty Harry like this.