Blood Results Back... Possible Trt?

Discussion in 'Performance Enhancing Drugs' started by Barry, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Barry

Barry Elite Member

I've not used steroids in 3 or 4 years now, but I was looking to start a cycle. However, I felt that I have symptoms of low testosterone, so decided to get bloods checked privately and the results were pretty surprising:

The normal range I'm told is between 7.60 - 31.40 nmol/L

My results: *7.59 - just outside the low end of the range.

Do you think if I take this to my doc he could proscribe TRT?

Is there anyone on here running TRT? - What kind of impact did TRT make for you?

Cheers

2. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast Staff Member

Im no Doctor but I would imagine as you are still in range (well marginally out) then they probably wouldn't. The Doc may ask you to come back]
    If you have having problem with mood/erectile dsyfunction then this might strengthen your case but I don't think they will see you as particularly unique Im afraid.

I have been running TRT (self prescribecd for about 4 months now) feel fairly normal to be honest. I would imagine it might help you a little with mood but the Docs are not going to give you a massive increase I would not have thought.

How old are you if you don't mine me asking?

3. Barry

Barry Elite Member

Thanks for the reply.

I'm 36 years old.

I'm thinking, because I have negative symptoms associated with low testosterone - low energy, low mood, low motivation and nonexistent libido - that I might have a case for TRT.

I've made an appointment for the docs tomorrow, and I'll bring the blood test results.

Will let you know how it goes.

4. Rentaghost

Rentaghost Moderator Staff Member

Going off recent studies I doubt it.

There seems to be little to no health benefits noted from thevuse of trt in low test males on any sort of reliable pattern across the wide range of studies done. It's all a load of shite. At least thats what they're saying now....

They're even clamping down on it in the states so you can be sure as shit the NHS won't be treating it in a few years.

Worth a try like, depends how clued up your doc is.

5. Barry

Barry Elite Member

I'll likely need more blood tests to see where I'm sitting.

According to NHS I should be sitting between 8.9 - 29.o nmol/L

So at 7.59, I'm well below their healthy range.

The lower 7.60 threshold is from the lab where I had my bloods tested.

I found this from an NHS website.

<8nmol/L - is consistent with a diagnosis of hypogonadism.

8-12nmol/L - could be hypogonadal and can be considered for a trial of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT). Hypogonadism is more likely to be present with a testosterone <10.4nmol/l.

>12nmol/l subject is not hypogonadal.

I will update as after speaking to doc.

6. thoon

thoon Elite Member

At 7.9 nmol/ml id be surprised if they would automatically put you on TRT , Id guess they will send you for more tests and it would be a long drawn out process probably ending up in you getting some kind of pointless gel or something similar .
    My levels were at around 7.80 when i was about 17 and this was still not far enough on the low side for them to prescribe any form of TRT or tests .

I have been off for 3 yrs and had tests done they was at around 2.2nmol/ml and the amount of tests and the hole process was such a long drawn out pain in the ass i self prescribed in the end just to get my mind and libido back so i feel normal again .

Hope you get a better outcome than i did

7. s man

s man Elite Member

As Thoon said I would just self prescribe. It's such a small dose per week that financially it's not exactly a massive burden. If you value your time and put a cash amount on it then the long drawn out circle process you'll end up in just isn't worth the hassle especially when you'll likely not get the result you wish.

I'd self prescribe then monitor bloods privately