Blood Pressure Madness

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Irish Beast, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast Staff Member

Some of you may recall I have been posting about my BP of light which suddenyl went freakishly high. Well there is good news which I will talk about in a minute but I really do think those electric machines are complete wank and want to try and do something about their use!

Last Tuesday BP was 180/135 on machine which is mental. Then on Thursday 150/115 (manual) which is still very high and Stage 2 hypertension. I told the doc I didn't believe it was a true representation of my lifestyle and that I had been eating bad and drinking loads and that it should come down.
    Anyway a week of pretty clean living (low alcohol, clean food, Hibiscus by the ton) and I have been floored with excruciating headaches so went and saw a different doc yesterday. He was really shocked when he took my BP manually and it came back 120/80 which is perfectly normal! He said he was really shocked and to just continue what I was doing. Turns out its a sinus infection. Antibiotics have mad a big difference in less than 24 hours.

Anyway back to my original point. I was expecting the BP to drop but that much in 10 days can't be possible surely? Don't get me wrong I am very happy about it but wonder if I had my BP and bloods done at a time that was a bad reflection of my actual health. Cleaning up the lifestyle is something I will maintain of course byut I really do believe those automated machines are dreadful and should not be used on the front line. Will scare the life out of people. If I had went in next week and been high again I would have been on meds for life. Glad the doc said to try and get it down naturally first as it seems to have worked but I am dubious of the actual readings.
    I have read very positive stuff about hibiscus but such a change in a week?

2. Rentaghost

Rentaghost Moderator Staff Member

Hibiscus acts like an ace inhibitor. Which is what they prescribe for BP.

Obviously you've brought it down now but the key is sustaining what you've done the last week, bringing your weight down and building on the good work.

If you just revert to what you were doing prior it'll shoot back up again swiftly.

3. Irish Beast

Cheers. Looking forward to training again. Shoulder is sore still but I can't take any more time off. Just not overdoing it is the key. There's a 10k run locally in about 8 weeks time that i want to enter. Something to aim for

4. BigDom86

BigDom86 Elite Member

Hi mate how.do you prepare the hibiscus tea? I got raw the raw flowers but never really had hot drinks so dont know how to prepare

5. Grimnir

Grimnir The black triangle is God

I get the tesco red berries tea bags, 2 per cup or 4 infused in a 2 ltr bottle to drink through the day.

6. Irish Beast

I just bought hibiscus tea bags from Amazon so not sure about the raw plant im afraid!

7. BigDom86

BigDom86 Elite Member

Think ill need to buy some tea bags then. What to do with the raw plant now lol maybe i can eat it

8. Irish Beast

Smoke it?

BigDom86 likes this.
  9. Rentaghost

Rentaghost Moderator Staff Member

1. Set a pot of water on the stove to boil. ...
    2. Put the dried hibiscus flowers into an empty teapot. ...
    3. Pour the boiling water into the teapot. ...
    4. For caffeinated tea, add a tea bag to the water. ...
    5. Leave the tea to steep for five minutes. ...
    6. Strain the tea as you pour it. ...
    7. Sweeten the tea as desired.

BigDom86 and Irish Beast like this.