A journal with no name

NoName

Thought I might as well start a journal up to keep track of my own progress etc.

Bit of background on me. Started training when I was 20, up to about 25/26 as my first daughter was born. During that time I gained well I think. Reached a weight of just short of 20 stone with a 36" waist. Was planning on joining the dark side and possibly competing as I seemed to gain well as a natural but all stopped. Still feel sometimes I wish I carried on to see how I would have gained etc.

Anyway started back in January this year at 31. Been on a clean diet training cardiovascular and weights and have dropped a good stone now and currently 97.5kg. Plan is to keep training, eat clean and see where it gets me.

My split is;

Monday - chest shoulders biceps

Wednesday - legs (love leg day)

Friday - back triceps

Glad to be back lifting again and will try and upload a recent picture for progress purposes

Forgot to mention that I train at 6:00 am each morning.

This morning was back..

Plate loaded pull down

40kg x 12

60kg x 12

80kg x 10

80kg x 10

Plate loaded seated row (single arm)

40kg x 12

60kg x 12

80kg x 12

Dead lifts (just below knee)

60kg x 10

100kg x 10

120kg x 6

120kg x 6

BB shrugs

120kg x 15

140kg x 12

160kg x 12

Last edited by a moderator:
All the best with this mate :) I don't envy you training at 6:00am in the morning though!! respect for that, I tried that in the past and failed miserably, lol

Thanks Gator. It was tuff at first but best time to go with work and kids

Another thing I like about early morning training is feeling the DOMS slowly get worse through out the day lol my back and rear delts are really sore

Thanks Rudedog.

Trained chest shoulders and biceps this morning. Getting to the gym late so didn't get any cardiovascular in but the weight training was enough for me this morning.

Can't really remember weights and reps but all weights went up again especially on shoulder press. Always been a weak point for me and last week I was pressing the 18kg DB but this week was the 22kg DB.

weighed myself over the weekend and was 15 stone 5 (97kg) don't usually bother with the scales just use the mirror but thought I would see what I was

Looking forward to Wednesdays leg work out

All the best with things mate.

If memory serves me correctly im sure i recognise your handle from the days of TT on MT?

You once dieted down (recomp) on basically shakes all the time and survived to tell the tale?

Might be wrong though lol :)

Hi Mick,

That wasn't me but I was friends with him under a different name during the days of TT on MT. Those where funny times. I saw he wasn't on here any more so stole the name lol

Yes Mick you would know me, I remember you. I was DW .... that's my hint lol

Weighed myself messing around this morning with my little boy and for some reason I now weigh 15 stone 1??? Don't know how I dropped 4lb over a few days, can only assume I was holding some water

clue is enough :)

You will definately fit around on this board.  Wondered where you had dissapeared to tbh, glad all is well with you.

How old is your lad?  Mine is 5 and came to the gym the first time last week with me - just popped in to see a few lads quickly.

He was just excited to be able to say to people he had been to the gym with his dad lol.

Thanks mate, yeah finally back into things and feel so much better for it.

I have 3 kids now. Oldest girl is 6, my boy is 2 and little girl of 8 months. Keep me busy

My lad is more interested in my other love of bikes. Will be introducing him to racing when he has his balance

Cardio and legs this morning

30 mins steady on the x trainer as normal. Do this first on leg day to get the blood flowing.

I have always struggled with legs due to my height and left knee problems. Always had it and doctors don't know what it is.

I can't/won't squat because of this so use leg press instead.

Leg press

80kg x 12

120kg x 12

160kg x 12

200kg x 10

240kg x 8

160kg x 20

Leg extentions

40kg x 20

80kg x 20

40kg x 12 (pausing for 2 seconds at the top)

Calf raises completed after but can't remember reps but was very high reps with 100kg

So much better not having to train arms after now I have changed my split

Back