310kg Deadlift Charity Deadlift Event

Discussion in 'Strength & Powerlifting' started by Incognito, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Incognito

Incognito Resident wookie

No specific aim for this or training / deloading just rolled up and lifted.

Had a few 'Christmas' weeks and felt like shit so happy (as you may tell) with a 310kg pb at 110kg. Tweak this along to 330-340 @105kg for England's strongest man this year for the max dead event

Rentaghost likes this.
  2. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Hang on.... you stepped over the bar. Isn't that a 'no lift' LOL

Solid pull buddy, looking solid in yourself too but smart pulling

Incognito likes this.
  3. Incognito

Strongman now mate a-b Hahahhaa trying not to get too sloppy with form though see some awful lifting tech yesterday (and some good to be fair terry pulled easy 400kg).

Digging the figure 8 straps will never look back.

Pulled 280 and 300 last week mixed grip so it's there If I want just prefer to save grip for 'grip ' events like farmers etc

4. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

I though the gym looked familiar, I saw Terry's 400 on Insta earlier, and his dismissive look afterwards like 'yup, there you go, 400, done' LOL

Those figure 8s good then, been tempted.

Had a lad at our gym at 105 pull 320 last week with a DOH hook grip. He's a lanky fcuker like me too, infact an inch taller I think. TnG 250x10 too, crazy

5. Incognito

Yeah it's my mates gym terry guest
    Lifted.

Really want to nail 3 X bw I think it's an impressive marker. Guys done some good pulling there.

Brilliant mate, not much strap under
    Hand at all not a chance in hell of a break or slip

6. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

May treat myself in the new year sales LOL

Are they quick to apply. The one thing with straps that bugs me is the PITA time it takes getting a secure and even 'fix'

7. Incognito

Put bar in loop, line up hand where you want to pull slack and lock off inwards . Seconds mate. More I use quicker
    Process gets. Straps got on my tits fiddling

8. Incognito

Get giants live ones not cheap rip offs chalk and cheese

9. dirtyvest

dirtyvest Elite Member

Yeah £22 ain't cheap but the £5 ones need replacing every few months... that will be my present to myself I thnk, thanks for the heads up

Incognito likes this.
  10. Incognito

Nylon strap type material ones would butcher you mate I think. Giants ones after a few uses you forget they are even there and just think you are a double overhand beast hahahhaa