10 practically useless exercises

Discussion in 'All About Training' started by Irish Beast, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast Staff Member

Had this article posted on facebook and made me think a little bad. I have never done most of them, never heard of some. The only ones I do are curls and occassionally squats on a smith machine when getting back into leg training.

Seems to be some logic in why the exercises are practically useless. Just thought it worth sharing and discussing

http://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-tips/10-practically-useless-exercises

2. holly

holly Stong Beastie

Lol one for the leg press bros 

3. Arterial Dan

Arterial Dan Administrator Staff Member

Absolute garbage article 

"Seems to be some logic in why the exercises are practically useless" - no, there really isn't - unless a muscle has self awareness and can differentiate between one exercise and another. "Oh, I'm doing leg press now instead of squat, we don't need to contract on this exercise".

Seriously this article is basically ignoring physiology 101.

TREBOR and dirtyvest like this.
  4. andyboro

andyboro Fat

It all basically focuses on the old Compound is better than isolation bit... which of course it is but both have their place at the end of the day. 

I cant be the only one that sees skinny teenagers doing flys and tricep kickbacks and wonders what they think they're going to achieve?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
    holly likes this.
  5. TinyTim

TinyTim Elite Member

I would take a lot of that article with a pinch of salt.

6. Irish Beast

Irish Beast Beast Staff Member

Of course @righty Just something light hearted. No matter how 'lame' these exercises are made to be they sure as hell beat sitting on the couch!

7. Clubber Lang

Clubber Lang Elite Member

probably have Mens Health telling you to do all those 10 exercises lol.

cant believe people read these mags.

8. Drago

Drago Elite Member

Nonsense.

funnily though I don't do any of those! 

9. Ernst

Ernst Member

standing chest fly is an awesome exercise in my book